PDA

View Full Version : Interesting hand I witnessed earlier at the Borgata

Mike Gallo
12-11-2004, 03:27 AM
I witness the following hand at a $6-$12 game at the Borgata. I had just played a full orbit at the table when this hand came up.

I will give reads of the players after preflop action.
Player 3 open raised,player 5 reraised player 8 called from the big blind. Player 3 called to close action.

On to the reads of the players.

Player 3 played his cards very predictable. His raise meants JJ-KK. He would have reraised with Aces. He won a showdown with AK and AQ and he did not raise with either preflop. You guys should have no problem with his hand.

Player 4 played a bit of an unorthodox style of game. She reraised with only premium hands, however she open raised with many hands. She would bet any flop when checked to and call a check raise and the subsequent bets to follow. One player check raised her twice in the same hand. She did not see what could beat her on the board, she bet strong and hardly slowed down if she thought she had the best hand.

Player 8 played poorly. I cannot say more than that. He saw the flop at least 40-60 percent of the time. He did not pay attention to position. Just your garden variety bad player. Never raised preflop, but raised with dubious holdings on the flop and turn. Unwarranted aggression at the wrong times.

Flop 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Player 8 bet player 3 raised player 5reraised players 3 and 5 called.

Turn 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Player 8 bet player 3 called, player 5 reraised player 8 called player 3 called.

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Player 8 checked player 3 checked player 5 bet. Player 8 then check raised. Player 3 took a long time and called, player 5 now reraised player 8 capped, player 3 folded in disgust.

Anyone care to take a stab at each players hands?

MattC
12-11-2004, 05:26 AM
player3: KK
player 5(im assuming she is the same as 4 in your description): AA
Player 8: 2 spades.

nothumb
12-11-2004, 05:42 AM
Well, player 3 is easy, he's got JJ, QQ, or KK. Let's say KK.

Player 5 and Player 8 could have a different range.

Player 5, I'm thinking could have AA, TT... that's about all that comes to mind. I suppose KK is possible but given the river I think not. You preflop read really narrows her down.

Player 8, I lean towards a flush. Could even hold the T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, too. Or maybe something like KTo, ATo and just played funny.

sthief09
12-11-2004, 06:22 AM
well you've already told us that player 3 had JJ-KK, and is just unwilling to let it go even though it's pretty obvious he's beat. based on your read on player 8, I wouldn't be surprised if he just kept firing away with his flush draw, and finally hit his flush. I'd imagine that she had an overpair to keep raising on the flop and turn. The A is the game's premier scare card, so I feel like even she could see that KK is no good. So I'm putting her on aces-full, or possibly quad tens if she'd 3-bet those preflop.

Mike Gallo
12-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Player 8 had 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Player 3 had QQ
Playwr 5 had AA

Player 3 was all but drawing dead after the turn.

sthief09
12-11-2004, 02:12 PM
player 5 was drawing just as dead as playing 3. sucks to be player 8

Mike Gallo
12-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Good answer, I wanted to see how many people would have put poster 8 on the 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Sir Limps Alot
12-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Player 8 A 10 off, Player 3 QQ or JJ, Player 5 AA.
Player 8 flops top pair with top kicker, player 3 thinks his over pair is good and player 5 knows his Aces are good.
Turn player 8 gets his third ten and bet but did not re raise he thought he had best hand which he did, player 3 calls even though he is probably beat due to the size of the pot, and player 5 is upset his aces will be cracked again. Miracle on the river for player 5 and player 8 and 3 is upset. Player 8 thinks his 10s over Aces is good and player 5 knows his Aces over tens is good. Player 5 wins with full house and player 8 is mortified but never should have called in the first place and player 3 played his hand too long.

Mike Gallo
12-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Welcome aboard.

Excellent response.

I put player 8 on A 10 also.