PDA

View Full Version : workout music.

tolbiny
12-11-2004, 02:46 AM
I need some good lifting music. Something upbeat and energetic either with good lyrics, or unnoticable lyrics. Suggestions?
As far as rap/hip hop- stuff i enjoy is old Eazy-E, old bone (creepin' on a come up) type of stuff. Too shorts alright in small doses.
The who is much better than the doors IMO.
Micheal jackson has four good songs.
Led zepplin- but no sabbath.

Men the Master
12-11-2004, 02:50 AM
My Cousin Meng, who is a bodybuilder, to me that Gov. Arnold never listened to music while he lifted weights because he enjoyed the sound of metal on metal. It kept him motivated. Be like Arnold. Don't listen to music.

Lazymeatball
12-11-2004, 03:07 AM
May i suggest this (http://www.robertscottart.com/Potter/PotterPotterMovie.html)

nothumb
12-11-2004, 03:08 AM
The fact that you wouldn't listen to Sabbath makes me reluctant to even give you any ideas.

However, I will venture a few suggestions.

Nas or Big L are good rappers to work out to because they have consistent tempos and beats on their albums, very workmanlike lyrical content, stay on the grind, etc. "It Was Written," for instance. Some of the other stuff from Nas gets a bit too uneven or ponderous though.

Also, Wu-Tang. And old Mobb Deep.

NT

tolbiny
12-11-2004, 03:09 AM
I am not arnold, nor do i have any desire to be arnold. Listening to music is part of my routine that works for me.
If you hurry there is a thread in Mid-High stakes where you can tell Tommy how to play poker better. Go on, you know you want to.

tolbiny
12-11-2004, 03:11 AM
I didn't want to imply that i wouldn't listen to sabbath. I was attempting to describe the types of music that i currently listen to.
I think that the
Led zepplin- no sabbath comment has a great deal of descriptive properties to it.