PDA

View Full Version : Can I gloat (If you don't like bragging don't read this)

joedot
12-11-2004, 02:12 AM
Hope you all don't mind. I've been having such a horrible week (thanks for the advice you all gave me), that this hand was even sweeter than it usually would be. So, I just want to brag a little, and gloat at the kind favor the poker gods did me tonight.

Pacific 15/30
Hero is Mp with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG (loose passive) calls, UTG+2 raises, folded to hero who calls, SB (loose) calls, BB calls, UTG calls. 5 to the flop of:

K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

checked to UTG+2 who bets, hero raises, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 3 bets, hero caps it, SB and UTG call. 4 for the turn

5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

checked to UTG+2 who bets. Hero calls, SB and UTG call again. And the river is (drumroll)

J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

checked to UTG+2 who bets, hero raises, SB 3 bets, UTG folds, and now UTG+2 hesitates. He types in "XXXX, AQ clubs" and folds. Hero caps it, and SB calls.

Final pot $777. SB said he boated up, so I'm guessing J10. Wow, was I lucky to outdraw the guy that flopped the straight. When he capped the flop and led out on the turn I was very confident that was what he had, but was going to call down and hope for an overplayed AA, until I caught the miracle Jack. It's nice to finally hit a hand and get some action. Other than the preflop call I like the way I played the hand. But I digress, now I hope this will help me forget about the emotional rollercoaster I was on this past week. Anyway, thanks for reading this, if you still are here, and I hope you all have a great weekend.

Just out of curiousity, is there anyone else here who calls this hand preflop. I'm guessing not many would, and some would say either reraise or fold, but I was just hoping to hit a drawing hand and did not want to isolate against a guy who could easily have my hand dominated with AK, AA, KK, or KQ. Yeah, that probably means I shouldn't have been in the pot to begin with. I guess I was the lucky fish tonight.

Tosh
12-11-2004, 02:17 AM
Yeah I fold preflop. Don't like my relative position, could end up being 3 bet and multiway 5+ is not guaranteed.