PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with BankRoll ??

CAB
12-10-2004, 11:52 PM
HEy All

I just won a seat to a $200+$15 on PokerStars! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
($39 Limit hold'em Top 5 got seat 33 players)

Over Last 60days i have cashed out over 1k (So I am Winning player IMO)

I play $2-$4 Limit

Current bankoll is $800 (Too Low For my Liking, had it much higher b4 holidays)

I started online with only $50, (Well over a yr ago)

I have won 4 $1 buy-in Limit TX Hold'em (when i was starting out)

I have hit for 3rd in $30 Limit Tourny for $722 (So I think I can play a little)

I understand Odds r not in my favor of winning the $200.

I have recently gone thru a bad run, so i understand how quick i can lose $500 or so not even playing badly

As most of u know I can unregister from the $200 and use the $215 towards smaler buy in tournys , such as the $30 that i hit big in.

So with thhes r my thoughts , I REALLY want to play the $200 but on other hand it would be better BR managment to play more smaller buy ins, better EV???

Any thoughts?

Leaning towards Smaller buy-in path

Harv72b
12-11-2004, 12:22 AM
I say take a shot at the big one. You know all the WSOP examples of guys in over their heads who still did well, so I won't bring them up by name, but seriously--what have you got to lose? You aren't hurting your bankroll because you already spent the money that you used to win your way in. You're a winning player over time, so you can rebuild your bankroll to a better level even if you don't place in the tourney. And you're experienced enough in tournaments that you won't be floundering around with no idea what to do.

If nothing else, this'll be an excellent opportunity to test your abilities against some tougher competition without risking $215 of your own money. The experience alone is worth it, IMO.

CAB
12-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Update,
After I made post I entered $30 limit Hold'em Multi Hit For4th!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif $475, Got Rivered in big hand QQ vs A7 Board J47 (all in by now) trun X river 7! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Today I entered 500 FPP NL Hold'em Top 9 recived $200+15 buy-in

I placed!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

So promplem sloved, Bankroll fater!! Have enuff Touny$$ to do Big buy in and Small buy in!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Love Running hot!!