PDA

View Full Version : Turn decision

FrankLu99
12-10-2004, 10:22 PM
$10 SNG

I have about 1500 my opponent 3 seats to my left in the SB has about 1000 chips

blinds 5-10.

I know my opponent very well and my opp can read hands (my hands) very well.

I am in CO+1, get TT raise to 45. SB (Opp) calls and an early limper calls. three to see the flop.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
opp bets the pot. EP limper folds. I raise 300 on top on his pot bet. opp takes some time and calls.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Opp checks.

What is the best line for me?

Note: My turn action will define my hand. If I bet he will figure out that I have TPgood kicker beat. If I check he will think I am weak or being tricky.

Here is my read on my opp:
If my opp has TP he will consider folding to a good sized bet.
If my opp is on a draw he will fold to a good sized bet.
If my opp has a better hand he will get the chips on the turn if I bet.

If I check the turn and my opp is on a draw he may bluff but he is more likley to check.
If my opp has TP he will give me chips on the river (there is a slight chance for me to get all his chips if he commits himself).

If he hits the river (non scare card) he doubles up.

Results
<font color="white"> I bet 400 and opp takse a long time b4 folding</font>

adanthar
12-11-2004, 01:08 AM
If you know he will check the river with a missed draw (what draw? Is he bad enough to call 65?) and make a smallish bet (one you can call) with a 9, you *must* check behind.

Betting the turn is terrible since you're just giving chips to a set or 98 and he folds everything else.

FrankLu99
12-11-2004, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you know he will check the river with a missed draw (what draw? Is he bad enough to call 65?) and make a smallish bet (one you can call) with a 9, you *must* check behind.

Betting the turn is terrible since you're just giving chips to a set or 98 and he folds everything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt fault my opp for calling off 5% of his chips in attempts to bluff or bust me - especially in the early stages of a SNG.

I dont think the turn bet was bad. I am still trying to decide if it was the optimal decision given my knowledge on the player