PDA

View Full Version : AQ for all my chips

Tosh
12-10-2004, 09:36 PM
$100 on Empire. Big stack has shown himself to be mediocre, a loser in the game but probably only a small one. Average aggression.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed)
Button (t3137)
SB (t160)
BB (t1053)
UTG (t1025)
Hero (t1980)
MP2 (t795)
CO (t1850)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t275</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t275, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (t700) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets t700</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1705 (All-In)</font>.

stillnotking
12-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Well, I'm assuming you checked the flop to give him a chance to bluff, but he probably will not call an all-in check raise with anything you can beat. If you're going to let him hang himself, wouldn't it make more sense to smooth call and then check the turn?

Personally I would have bet the flop, but then I would most likely throw out a pot-sized bet even if I didn't hit anything. Bet and hope he makes a play; then you can get your chips in the middle with a lot more confidence.

mungpo
12-10-2004, 10:46 PM
I like your all-in here, if villian is on a flush draw he is going to pay to see. Villian could possible have trips or two pair with Ace. I just don't see Villian having AK or AA.

texasrattlers
12-10-2004, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally I would have bet the flop, but then I would most likely throw out a pot-sized bet even if I didn't hit anything. Bet and hope he makes a play; then you can get your chips in the middle with a lot more confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you have more confidence putting all your chips in against a re-reraise than against an open raise which could easily come from Ax based on your read.

Myst
12-10-2004, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm assuming you checked the flop to give him a chance to bluff, but he probably will not call an all-in check raise with anything you can beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are giving the competition on Party too much credit. A typical player would have reraised all in preflop with AK, so Tosh's kicker is probably good. Typical opposition also likes to slowplay two pair on the flop, which is not indicated by the huge pot sized bet.

I like your line. Let him hang himself.

stripsqueez
12-10-2004, 11:49 PM
i think its all good

i like the flop push - plenty of chips in the pot - your not folding and you dont want to mess with the big stack by trying to induce more bluffing which is unlikely anyway

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Tosh
12-11-2004, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are giving the competition on Party too much credit. A typical player would have reraised all in preflop with AK, so Tosh's kicker is probably good. Typical opposition also likes to slowplay two pair on the flop, which is not indicated by the huge pot sized bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts ran about along this line, and I do still think it was an ok way to play it.

partygirluk
12-11-2004, 10:51 AM
If Villain is a semidecent player and is behind Tosh, and he respects Tosh's play, he is going to shut down after Tosh's Check call on the flop. Your line will just let Villain see all 5 cards for no extra costs.

I like Tosh's line btw.