PDA

View Full Version : KK and trouble brewing...

MoDOH
12-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

new table so no real reads...

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (11 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (29.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, SB calls, Hero calls

Final Pot: 32.50 BB

Richard Berg
12-11-2004, 05:20 AM
preflop good

hate the flop coldcall, 10:1 isn't enough

despise the turn 4-call

river ok

SamIAm
12-11-2004, 06:20 AM
With 5 players and acting first, I think I'd go for the check-raise on the flop. (And then I'd have a hard decision when it's immediately bet and raised. I'd probably raise it in that case.)

With all the aggression shown by a THREE-bet (more impressive than my hypothetical raise) I guess you should fold. Sure sucks folding an over-pair in a big pot, though.
-Sam

MoDOH
12-11-2004, 07:39 AM
Well the results were a little bit surprising to say the least...

UTG+1 had J9 ,after a couple of more orbits with him I learned that he was a maniac...

SB had TJ

So to my surprise MHIG...

But the real treat in this hand was UTG+2 who after he folded his hand on the river went crazy in the chatbox. He claimed he missclicked and had folded the nutstraight... The thing is I believe him as he turned out to be a conservative player who was fairly solid...

The scariest part of this hand though is that I was really close to folding to the 4-bet on the turn and if I hadnīt catched a king on the river I probably would have folded the river...

Just goes to show that against unknown players anything can happen...

aside from me getting absurdly lucky in this hand I think I played it really bad...

chesspain
12-11-2004, 09:46 AM
I don't mind your flop play (especially with your redraw potential). However, I see no point to the turn three-bet. I mean, it's obvious that you don't have the str8, but it doesn't mean that any of your opponents don't already have a str8 or at least two-pair. Indeed, if you are behind, you are either drawing thin or dead to a str8/set unless you are facing two pair, although some of your eight outs to improve against two-pair may give someone else a flush. Moreover, if you do happen to be ahead on the turn, no one with a reasonable chance to overtaking you is folding.

Consequently, if I didn't fold the turn, I would certainly not be three-betting.