PDA

View Full Version : pocket 9's and T3d NL

06-07-2002, 02:11 PM
The Bike gave us T2000 for $200 plus %25 entry fee. We are at level two with the blinds T25 and T50. One limper has entered the pot from second position. I limp from third position with two red 9's. Three of us take flop of K99. We all check the flop. The next card is a 4. My two esteemed opponents both check. I bet T75. I win.

We are at level 8. The blinds are T300 and T600 with a T100 ante. I am in second position with T2500 after throwing in my ante. I have made up my mind that I am going to play one of my next two hands. I want to be the first one in with a bet that is big enough to win uncontested. My first hand is T3d. First position folds. I bet T2500 allin. I am eliminated. At this point we are we are down to 37 players from 151. They are going to pay 18. Do you really think I understand TPFAP?

06-07-2002, 07:54 PM
> We all check the flop

Why not bet? Since you are on the button, a moderate bet of, say T100, will look like a routine attempt to pick up the pot and might even invite a resteal. You might also get check-raised by someone overplaying a king who would probably fold to a raise on turn.

> My first hand is T3d. [...] I bet T2500 allin.

T3s is considerably below average (45.6% pot equity against a random hand), so you can expect to get better chances when you make your move on the next hand.

cu

Ignatius

06-09-2002, 01:03 AM
I agree with you going all-in in the next 2 hands. I would try my luck with the next hand although you were sooted /images/smile.gif

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@hotmail.com