PDA

View Full Version : Cheap 1600 x 1200 Monitor Question???

Talk2BigSteve
12-10-2004, 07:00 PM
What is the best quality 1600 x 1200 Monitor for the lowest price that you have found??? How Much??? and is there any special requirement for a Graphics Card with this type of Monitor???

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

illunious
12-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Try to find a refurbished 21" CRT in your area (shipping is expensive for these). I just purchased 2 for $145 each. If you want a really cheap monitor, there's 17" CRTs that will do 16x12 and sell for under $50.

Most video cards will do 1600x1200, it would have to be a very old card not to. If you want to use your old monitor in a dual monitor setup, get a used PCI video card ($10 or less).

McTower
12-10-2004, 09:06 PM
It might be good to check at uBid (http://www.ubid.com). They have cheap refurbished stuff there.
You might also want to consider buying 2 17"TFT flat screens, I have a 19" CRT and it takes a lot of room out of my student nest. I am saving money to change it.
And a final thought: if you also believe that gambling has nothing to do with love, think about the nice looks of the new Sony TFTs, they get better female attention than a geeky giant CRT, lol.

Freakin
12-10-2004, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you also believe that gambling has nothing to do with love, think about the nice looks of the new Sony TFTs, they get better female attention than a geeky giant CRT, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love = less poker. Less poker = less money. Less money = fewer Sony TFTs. It's a vicious cycle that is doomed to failure.

Freakin

McTower
12-11-2004, 07:44 AM
but you also have to take up the opposite way of that cycle. no sex = suicide

we are doomed, no matter what...