PDA

View Full Version : Top 2 against StopNGo

River2Pair
12-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Pokerroom 3/6 this morning. Game is pretty tight-passive. BB in this hand has some gamble in him, is pretty aggressive, and seems to be catching some cards. I limp in EMP with ATo, four to the flop.

Flop is T /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, I raise, folds to BB who calls.

Turn is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He checks, I check.

River is 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

He bets. I raise. He 3-bets. I cap. He calls.

How's that?

nothumb
12-10-2004, 06:35 PM
I hate hate hate your turn check with a flush draw out against a loose player. You got him to get silly on the river, maybe with A3o or something, or maybe with two crappy spades.

NT

CinnamonWind
12-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Looks like your turn check resulted in a decent chance of you losing the pot without charging for the spade or set card.

Then again he could be going nuts with two pair. Hard to tell.

MoreWineII
12-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Why check the turn?

sfer
12-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Too little action on the turn, too much action on the river.

River2Pair
12-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I didn't hate the turn check. I actually was BB. He let me have the pot for free, and I knew exactly what he held when he checked behind on the turn. I had 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He then went on his little online smack talking spree about how bad I am for chasing runner-runner.

Him checking the turn was much worse than anything I did in this hand.

Just wanted to make sure I'm not losing my mind.

River2Pair
12-10-2004, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
against a loose player.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif I wouldn't exactly say I'm loose. I get involved in a hand about once every two orbits, and I like to keep the pressure on when I do.

I was planning to fold the turn unimproved, of course.

CinnamonWind
12-10-2004, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I didn't hate the turn check. I actually was BB. He let me have the pot for free, and I knew exactly what he held when he checked behind on the turn. I had 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He then went on his little online smack talking spree about how bad I am for chasing runner-runner.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? The post says you had A-10 off. Now you say you're the BB and had 8-4s?

So the hand history was just to point out that you were right for taking a free card with only a draw? Yeah, um, it was. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

River2Pair
12-10-2004, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? The post says you had A-10 off. Now you say you're the BB and had 8-4s?

So the hand history was just to point out that you were right for taking a free card with only a draw? Yeah, um, it was. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, see. . . he basically called me an idiot. So I posted the hand from his perspective, so all you can call me an idiot, except the thing is you aren't really calling me an idiot, you're calling him an idiot. So I get a little ego boost by you all calling him an idiot when you called me an idiot. Oh, except he'll probably never see this. Doh. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm an idiot.

CinnamonWind
12-10-2004, 06:57 PM
He's an idiot!

Ralph Wiggum
12-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Not sure if I'm too passive on this one, but I don't like this flop bet by BB.

River2Pair
12-10-2004, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, how this table was, i thought i could take it down right there.

James282
12-10-2004, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I didn't hate the turn check. I actually was BB. He let me have the pot for free, and I knew exactly what he held when he checked behind on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you didn't. He could have had KsJs or any sort of miscellaenous spades including JsTs or whatever. I don't like your flop bet, but that said he played it awfully. But seriously you didn't "know exactly what he had" when he checked the turn behind you.
-James

James282
12-10-2004, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, how this table was, i thought i could take it down right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

So this table is so tight they wouldn't call with J9, QJ, KJ, a ten, A8, 89, and all the other hands that should definitely call a flop bet on this board?
-James

River2Pair
12-10-2004, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I didn't hate the turn check. I actually was BB. He let me have the pot for free, and I knew exactly what he held when he checked behind on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you didn't. He could have had KsJs or any sort of miscellaenous spades including JsTs or whatever. I don't like your flop bet, but that said he played it awfully. But seriously you didn't "know exactly what he had" when he checked the turn behind you.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, you got me. I didn't "know." I had a strong feeling, which turned out to be right.

River2Pair
12-10-2004, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what is a better flop line, then? Check/fold? Check/call? I thought bet/call would help make for an easier decision on the turn. Admittedly, I'm not good at playing junk hands, but when you're in BB and nobody raises, what can you do?