PDA

View Full Version : multi-tabling and reads

Frogistador
12-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Question for those of you who multi-table SnGs. Is it possible to get reads on your opponents when you play many tables or do you just play ABC poker, and don't bother getting reads?

I just started SnGs. I used to 4-table at limit hold'em but I would usually let PokerTracker determine who's loose or tight. I don't think PokerTracker would be that useful for SnGs since a player's style usually should change (become more aggressive) as the number of opponents decrease.

mart_ph
12-10-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm still pretty new to sng's (about 150 plays) and have only just started to multitable (just two at a time). The easy things to spot are the raises and all-in's - so I normally make a note of these for each player along with their position and hold cards (if shown).
Whenever a players cards are shown I will also make a note - looking for indicators such as Ax, Axs, Kx, Kxs, connectors, suited connectors - and the positions these are played from... If you're not studying the number of hands played this should be a good indicator of the looseness of the player (I also note the level for each noted hand).
I'd be interested to see how other people make their notes.

skirtus
12-10-2004, 06:34 PM
I put pokertracker on auto-import. Than I take a look at the stats at level 4. By this time I have 30 hands on the players left. I look at VP$IP and PFR% and get a general indication of how they play. I use the stats and what Ive managed to pick up while multitabling to try and put each player in some general categories. Its not perfect but usually I havent played against them before and this is all the info I have.

mart_ph
12-11-2004, 08:46 AM
How do you autoimport with pokertracker? I can't find it in the help.
I thought you could only view tourny stats once the final summary is imported???

edit: sorry - found how to set it up - but how do i see the sng stats while still playing the tourney?

Soleo
12-12-2004, 10:18 AM
You mostly interested in player's stats and they're acquired when hand histories being imported.
There are stand-alone Game Time Tournament window in PokerTracker and it will be updated as stats being imported. You may open it and place somewhere near your table(s) or to 2nd monitor if you have it. Another way is to use PlayerVIEW (separate application taking info from PT database) - it will show you same stats near players' nicks right over graphics in PartyPoker window.