PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Thursday SNG starters needed. Any volunteers?

DrPhysic
12-10-2004, 05:42 PM
We need four people who pretty regularly play the 2+2 SNG games on Thursday to volunteer to start the games. The people who have been starting the games have work and other distractions at this time. Two people are needed for each of the Atlantic game at 8PM EST and the Pacific game at 9:30PM EST on Thursdays.

What does the starter do?

Get each other’s e-mail addresses. All of us use e-m for organizing functions.

Communicate before the game to make sure one of you at least will be there to start the game. If you are both busy and cannot start the game, MAKE SURE that I know it so I can fill in.

Set your computer clock the same as Stars Lobby clock. (It happens to be exactly right time anyway.) That way when you jump in to start a game, you don’t have people wondering whether they missed it.

Post a notice about an hour before the game, either a new “8PM SNG starts in ~1Hour” type of notice or post it as a bump to the original announcement. Use a Heart icon for SNG posts.

Be sure one of you starts the game on time. First empty 18 seat $10+1 SNG on Stars after published starting time. If a game has 5 or less players already registered at the starting time, that’s ok. Any more, wait for the next one.

Make sure somebody, either the winner or one of you, downloads the tournament results from Stars, and posts “Results” under the same post above.

That’s about it other than rounding up anybody you can for your game. The more advertising, last longer bets, or other bull that will get people interested the better.

We would like the 2+2 SNG games to continue. The player response recently has been good, but we need starters to make it happen on a regular basis.

Respond by sending me a PM, or an e-mail at DrPhysic@satx.rr.com. Be sure to note which game you play.

Doc

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

DrPhysic
12-10-2004, 10:04 PM
-