PDA

View Full Version : odd JJ line I took

kpux
12-10-2004, 05:37 PM
I hadn't seen the button get out of line so far. He was a little loose preflop and postflop, but not too crazy.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB

butters
12-10-2004, 05:49 PM
I like it. Betting the river costs the same as check/calling with the added benefit of sometimes folding out a better hand.

Nice play.

MoreWineII
12-10-2004, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it. Betting the river costs the same as check/calling with the added benefit of sometimes folding out a better hand.

Nice play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep yep.

kpux
12-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking. It's the same in terms of BB's on the river, but I get tons more info on his hand. Plus, he could fold QJ or something similar, since I could easily have had AK from his perspective.

SamIAm
12-10-2004, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it. Betting the river costs the same as check/calling.

[/ QUOTE ]We all like winning the hand with 3rd pair, and I know it happened to work this time, but it seems pretty overly risky. If the guy called 2-bets cold preflop, and then raised on the flop, do you really think you're ahead? You called a bet on the flop AND the turn.

When the ace came, do you really think the guy won't have an ace and will fold a queen enough to make this work? I understand it costs the same as check-calling on the river, but how can you check-call with his call preflop and then pumping as much money as possible into the pot since then?
-Sam

MoreWineII
12-10-2004, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the guy called 2-bets cold preflop, and then raised on the flop, do you really think you're ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian could easily be putting hero on overcards, namely AK. Folding the flop or turn is pretty weak/tight, imo. I'm not 100% convinced that villian even has a Q. He could have any sort of middle pair.

[ QUOTE ]
When the ace came, do you really think the guy won't have an ace and will fold a queen enough to make this work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do.

It's especially tasty in this hand where it looks like hero has *exactly* AK.

kpux
12-10-2004, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like it. Betting the river costs the same as check/calling.

[/ QUOTE ]We all like winning the hand with 3rd pair, and I know it happened to work this time, but it seems pretty overly risky. If the guy called 2-bets cold preflop, and then raised on the flop, do you really think you're ahead? You called a bet on the flop AND the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I should have folded, where is the place to do so? I didn't feel comfortable dropping this on any street.