PDA

View Full Version : what do I do with this turn?

Alobar
12-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds, Button calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

River: (7.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

joker122
12-10-2004, 05:48 PM
it might be worth it to bet and see if they'll fold a small club. being checkraised isn't a disaster since you have 10 outs.

mperich
12-10-2004, 09:03 PM
He's utg joker he cant be checkraised =P
I like check call. I wouldn't really wanna have to call a raise here, and no free cards really hurt you. Not to mention you may induce a bluff.

If there is a bet, then on the river...
I'd probably checkraise if I filled up, checkcall if it's headsup, and checkfold if it's still multiway.

-Mike

Jeff W
12-11-2004, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it might be worth it to bet and see if they'll fold a small club.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they won't fold a small club on the flop, then they probably won't fold them on the turn.

Jeff W
12-11-2004, 01:01 AM
Out of position I bet the turn because my bet protects me from a bluff.

When I have the best made hand, my opponents will probably fold the turn when I bet. If I don't bet, one of my opponents may bluff on the turn or the river and I will lose a large pot.

When I don't have the best made hand, my opponents won't often raise but they will often bet when checked to. If I am raised, I call the turn with the intention of folding the river unimproved.

Against a turn caller, I would check/fold the river unimproved and bet an A,J,9 or 7.

Against a turn raiser, I would check/raise an A,J,9 or 7.

Given your line, I would bet the river. The chances my opponents don't have a club have increased and the chances they will bluff when checked to have also increased. I cannot in good conscience call a bet on this board.