PDA

View Full Version : Hand from 2-6 at the Excalibur

Joe_d72
12-10-2004, 05:24 PM
First time posting a hand so I don’t know how to do this perfect but here it goes. I was playing 2-6 at the Excalibur there is one 2 dollar Blind.

Preflop: I am in the Blind with Qh, Jh.
2 people fold then a new player who just sat down raises to 4. 2 People call after him a loose local next to the button and a local rock on the Button.
I call from the Blind

Flop: Ks, 10h, 6c(4 players)
I check the new player bets 6. Both locals call as do I.

Turn: (5 BB) 9s (4 players)
I check the new player bets 6 again. Both locals call. I make it 12 new player calls quickly as does the loose local and then the local rock folds.

River: (8 BB) Kd(3 players)
I bet 6 and sure enough I get raised by the new player. The loose local folds and I throw 6 chips in the pot while saying you have a full house right. He turns over K-10

Let me know if I went wrong anywhere do you check-call the river?

Thanks

sfbruin
12-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Played it perfectly IMO. You managed to trap some players on the turn, knowing that the player to your left was betting. The river bet and call is fine, more often than not, you are beating 3 of a kind. His preflop raise could've been AK, KQ, or KJ...didn't expect KT. You just got unlucky.

chson
12-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Re-raise 3 bucks on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
First time posting a hand so I don’t know how to do this perfect but here it goes. I was playing 2-6 at the Excalibur there is one 2 dollar Blind.

Preflop: I am in the Blind with Qh, Jh.
2 people fold then a new player who just sat down raises to 4. 2 People call after him a loose local next to the button and a local rock on the Button.
I call from the Blind

Flop: Ks, 10h, 6c(4 players)
I check the new player bets 6. Both locals call as do I.

Turn: (5 BB) 9s (4 players)
I check the new player bets 6 again. Both locals call. I make it 12 new player calls quickly as does the loose local and then the local rock folds.

River: (8 BB) Kd(3 players)
I bet 6 and sure enough I get raised by the new player. The loose local folds and I throw 6 chips in the pot while saying you have a full house right. He turns over K-10

Let me know if I went wrong anywhere do you check-call the river?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]