PDA

View Full Version : When should I fold this TPGK?

SofaCoach
12-10-2004, 04:23 PM
My opponent in this hand seemed to be pretty tight and played reasonably. At several points in the hand I suspected she had an overpair and felt I should fold, then came all the spades, but still could make myself fold for "one bet". which turned into another and another...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

wuwei
12-10-2004, 04:29 PM
If you had open raised instead of open limping preflop, this hand would have probably played out easier.

If your read on the opponent is tight and reasonable, I would fold when she bets the turn.

Fat Nicky
12-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Raise pre-flop.

On the flop, 3-bet.

SofaCoach
12-10-2004, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise pre-flop.

On the flop, 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, immediately after I did wish I 3-bet that flop. But I never really considered raising KQo from MP. Although this hand was HU immediately the table had not been playing this tight.

SamIAm
12-10-2004, 04:55 PM
If it's folded around to you in middle position with KQo, you gotta raise that. You're the first in? Raise it up.

I think you have to 3-bet the flop, too. If she calls the 3-bet, you want to bet-out on the turn unless a scare-card comes.

Oops, then a scare-card comes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif The way you played the flop, I'd fold when she bets into me on the turn.

I'd DEFINITELY fold on the river. It's pretty clear to me she has a high spade. Even if she doesn't, she could STILL be beating your TPGK. (We can debate whether the G stands for "good" or "great".)
-Sam

runa
12-10-2004, 06:57 PM
If you were taking this line why not bet out on the river? If your opponent does have an overpair there's a 50% chance its not a spade and you might get a better hand to fold. Im not sure if your read pertains to post flop play:

[ QUOTE ]
My opponent in this hand seemed to be pretty tight

[/ QUOTE ]

but this player might be convinced to fold to a river bet.