PDA

View Full Version : If anyone likes metal.....click here

TheJunkyardGod
12-10-2004, 03:39 PM
Check out my friends band, Bodies in the Gears of the Apparatus. Pretty hyper grindcore.

www.myspace.com/bitgota (http://www.myspace.com/bitgota)

jakethebake
12-10-2004, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check out my friends band, Bodies in the Gears of the Apparatus. Pretty hyper grindcore.

www.myspace.com/bitgota (http://www.myspace.com/bitgota)

[/ QUOTE ]
Siiigh. The name's way too long. And what the heck does hyper grindcore mean? Damn I'm gettin' old. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

The once and future king
12-10-2004, 03:46 PM
They should change there names to SPAM in the cogs of this forum.

KJS
12-10-2004, 03:54 PM
No free downloads? Looks like something I might like, though I tend more toward Death Metal and Thrash then Grindgore. If Suffocation is an influence though...

I'd like to hear them.

Off to Mastodon and Slayer tonight.

KJS

jakethebake
12-10-2004, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No free downloads? Looks like something I might like, though I tend more toward Death Metal and Thrash then Grindgore. If Suffocation is an influence though...

I'd like to hear them.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this post serious? I really don't know. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

KJS
12-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Totally serious.

\"/

KJS

Paluka
12-10-2004, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'd like to hear them.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why I didn't get tix to that show. Am I the only one who enjoys just calling Mastodon "the don"

thirddan
12-10-2004, 04:39 PM
they are pretty good, at least the song that plays when you open the page...and i normally don't like grindcore too much...

TheJunkyardGod
12-10-2004, 05:26 PM
I'm not a huge fan of grindcore myself either, but they're one of the good bands i've heard.

Also, sorry for the spamming. I'm personal friends with the singer so i'm just trying to help them out. You won't see me trying to get a free ipod or anything like that.

daveymck
12-10-2004, 08:22 PM
I prefer the rubber song one at least it has a bit of melody in there somewhere the newer one is just awful but was never into Florida Death Metal. Napalm Death realised this type of music is never going to get them anywehre and are making much better more commercial music that still has an edge. Not my cup of tea but they seem to be getting good hits on the site which in underground music is half the battle.

If you like this band check out an Oxford band called suitable case for treatment who mix a lot of this type of music together along with a whole load of other stuff a lot different sounding but interesting called suitable case for treatment. Suitable (http://suitablecase.tripod.com/) although the demos on there dont reflect it but I have typed this anyway so not deleting it.

eric5148
12-10-2004, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Siiigh. The name's way too long. And what the heck does hyper grindcore mean? Damn I'm gettin' old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Long names for bands and songs is the trademark of grindcore. There's a grindcore band called The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TheJunkyardGod
12-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Well, there not a florida death metal band. They're originally from the NJ/philly area.

And Obituary, Deicide and old Cannibal Corpse(all from Florida) OWNED Napalm Death.

daveymck
12-11-2004, 07:05 AM
Hated all three of thiose bands, preferred my death metal more technical Death and Pestilance etc, although I havent listened to Obitary recently I suspect they were more technical than I thought at the time.

Prefer the European bands and the way they developed whereas deceide are still doing the same old stuff. Dark Tranquility, Anathema, Rotting Christ etc etc etc all own the Florida stuff and have streched themselves.