PDA

View Full Version : Party Step Tourney help

jswan1
12-10-2004, 03:14 PM
I wanted to try the party step tournaments, so i spent $30 and played three step ones. Well, I managed to make it to a step 5 (the $1,000+65). However, I know I am not good enough to be playing with the people in the step 5's and I also don't fancy the idea of having a 1k swing in my bankroll. What do you suggest I do at this point? I would like to sell my entry to somebody on 2+2 but do not know if anybody would be interested. Obviously, If I sold the entry I would knock some money off of the price. Are there any options other than selling the tournament i am not thinking of? PM me if you would like.

unfrgvn
12-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Nice idea, but won't they have to log on and play as you?

hurlyburly
12-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Well, if you don't think you are good enough then you are probably on the right track to success. Play extra tight, don't slowplay as often, push more PF and avoid letting them put the squeeze to you. You obviously have a good enough game to get there, so give yourself a little more credit.

It only cost you $30 and some time to get the opportunity, and you might pick up some new plays and see some really fascinating cardplay, the experience and the hand histories you gain might be worth more than the entry fee over the long run.

Remember that most of them will not know who you are or have any notes on you, so even though you feel like a guppy among sharks, AA is still a 4/1 favorite and the deck still has the same 52 cards.

Pep talk over, good luck and have fun!

skirtus
12-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Just win all your pushes and you'll do fine.

notsosmart
12-10-2004, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just win all your pushes and you'll do fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could do that.

Iceman
12-10-2004, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wanted to try the party step tournaments, so i spent $30 and played three step ones. Well, I managed to make it to a step 5 (the $1,000+65). However, I know I am not good enough to be playing with the people in the step 5's and I also don't fancy the idea of having a 1k swing in my bankroll. What do you suggest I do at this point? I would like to sell my entry to somebody on 2+2 but do not know if anybody would be interested. Obviously, If I sold the entry I would knock some money off of the price. Are there any options other than selling the tournament i am not thinking of? PM me if you would like.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Party currently doesn't allow Step entries to be sold or transferred, but if enough people complain they might. At very least, they could allow the $1000 to be used to enter other Party tournaments, like Stars does with T$.

2. Rather than use the Step 5 entry right away, get some more experience before you use it. Once you can beat 30+3s and 50+5s, you should at least have a shot in a Step 5. Under SNG conditions, with money not that deep and blinds increasing rapidly, the gap between an expert player and a pretty good player is smaller than a lot of people think.

citanul
12-10-2004, 07:56 PM
I haven't played the steps at all yet, but when you win, say a step 5 entry, do they give you a "step 5 entry" or do they give you "$1000 step tournament dollars"?

To the person who originally posted:

This isn't a "$1000 swing in your bankroll if you lose" but it is a $9000 swing in your bankroll if you lose. I hate to be cliche, but "do you see why?"

citanul