PDA

View Full Version : You know you're in a good game when...

MRBAA
12-10-2004, 02:43 PM
The guy next to you in the 4-8 game says "is it really not a good idea to play every hand? I notice you fold alot, but it's only $4."

He seems like a nice guy, so you say something to the effect that it's probably not a good idea to play every hand, but that it seems like he likes to gamble -- in which case it's fine. And he agrees. And he has two friends at your table who play just like him.

RogerZBT
12-10-2004, 02:44 PM
... RogerZBT is at your table.

wayabvpar
12-10-2004, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The guy next to you in the 4-8 game says "is it really not a good idea to play every hand? I notice you fold alot, but it's only $4."

He seems like a nice guy, so you say something to the effect that it's probably not a good idea to play every hand, but that it seems like he likes to gamble -- in which case it's fine. And he agrees. And he has two friends at your table who play just like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to buy him and his buddies a round /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fat Nicky
12-10-2004, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Time to buy him and his buddies a round

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a +EV play.

Randy Burgess
12-11-2004, 08:37 AM
... your buddy who prides himself on playing a tight, tough, logical game sits down either to your immediate right or left (it doesn't matter which). Now anytime you can get headup with him, you go for it. He'll be playing his usual good cards, but you'll play nearly anything -- your only goal is to suck out on him. You can't really put him on on tilt, but the frequent bad beats you give him are still fun enough to alleviate the boredom of an otherwise tame 4/8 table.

Chaos_ult
12-11-2004, 08:40 AM
The girl to your right keeps grabbing your upper thigh. Until you realize it's the guy one seat over.

Zetack
12-11-2004, 10:57 AM
...you have a 3-1 chip lead heads up at the final table of the Stars 250 grand guaranteed...and you haven't woken up yet.

--Zetack

Alexthegreat
12-11-2004, 11:28 AM
.....you don't have time to check the meaningless posts on 2+2 every half hour...

mtdoak
12-11-2004, 04:13 PM
A young man, after a flop of J8J says 'And thats why you play every hand', and turns over an 8-5 after calling the raiser down every street, who obviously had trip Js. 'I was looking to get my other 8' he says at the end of the hand. An old man tried to explain to him that 'You were drawing dead' 'Drawing Dead...what?'

Richard Berg
12-11-2004, 04:22 PM
...when the Bellagio hottie whom you've been flirting with (and who is up a few racks, in more way than one) asks if you want to crash Light later than morning...