PDA

View Full Version : Step 4 Satellite Hand # 3

Prickly Pete
12-10-2004, 01:40 PM
This one saved my bacon. I was actually in BB as the only blind here. My question is what should the button do, assuming he has some trash hand? Next one out loses, everyone else wins. Blinds just went up, so it should still be 400-800 when he gets blinds again.

As I see it, UTG, MP2 and CO are all vulnerable this round and if Button calls and loses, he still has enough to withstand one more trip folding his blinds. Should he call to add one more chance to knock out the BB (me) here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 (t7280)
MP1 (t2040)
MP2 (t650)
MP3 (t4335)
CO (t405)
Button (t2365)
Hero (t655)
BB (t2040)
UTG (t230)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: t655

unfrgvn
12-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Assumming he has something 8 3 or 2 6? I think he should fold. Why take a chance of doubling you up when it's likely either you or UTG are gone next round.

Edit: I missed the fact that CO is also very short. Even more reason to fold. Let one of you guys knock the other out.

2nd edit: Assume he has AK. Should he fold? I think he should. He doesn't know you don't have a PP and why take the short end of a coin flip when one guy can barely make the SB even if he double up?