PDA

View Full Version : If three bets can't push this guy off of 64o, what can you do?

TommyO
12-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Just thought this hand was funny.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (10.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Results:
Hero has As Kh (one pair, kings).
MP3 has 6d 4h (two pair, sixes and fours).
Outcome: MP3 wins 12.25 BB.

Evan
12-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Why didn't you bet the river?

Also, the fact that you gave away the results twice (title and post) will kill most analysis you may have gotten.

TommyO
12-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Sorry, I wasn't looking for analysis. I just thought it was funny. Maybe I'm the only one. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

27offsooot
12-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Lame bad beat story. Seen worse. Next.

ErrantNight
12-10-2004, 01:32 PM
two quick thoughts... if it's JUST funny... toss a low content note in the title... if you DO want some feedback, don't give away the results :-)

i think the flop is fine... backdoor flush/straight with overcards is a-ok (although, side note, against an EP preflop raiser, can you be certain if you hit your overcard outs they're still good? MP3's cold-call of a 3-bet screams good hand or moron... i think i'd still call and re-evaluate on the turn, though)

mp3's raise sucks, but what you gonna do?

turn was fine.

definitely bet the river. a flush draw almost certainly didn't just come in, and it's equally unlikely a straight draw completed, either. certainly worthy of a value bet against weak opposition. frequently you'll be getting called by people who have cards that don't make any sense.

obviously you weren't destined to win this hand... but you've gotta love having the guy at your table.

sthief09
12-10-2004, 01:33 PM
I'd raise the flop

Evan
12-10-2004, 01:33 PM
I dropped [high number that I feel no need to share] bets in [low number that I feel equally low need to share] hands earlier at 5/10 6 max. I lost lots of hands like this. Sh[/i]it happens.

Evan
12-10-2004, 01:36 PM
I thought about that too. But it looks like UTG has a TTish hand and I thought that getting the overcall from someone that's probably got very little equity (and what equity he has is probably not hurting ours) would be more beneficial than taking a free card when we whiffed the turn. Now obviously that blew up in our face, but what do you think of the reasoning?

JimRivett
12-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Of course his pre flop call was very bad however once he flopped top pair and was also open ended, he's going to the river.

You may want to analyze your own game, becasue a case can be made that you should have lost more on this hand.

Jim

sthief09
12-10-2004, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought about that too. But it looks like UTG has a TTish hand and I thought that getting the overcall from someone that's probably got very little equity (and what equity he has is probably not hurting ours) would be more beneficial than taking a free card when we whiffed the turn. Now obviously that blew up in our face, but what do you think of the reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I'd be putting this guy on an overpair like JJ or TT, but sometimes a hand like AQ. even if the guy behind has QJ or something that we're ahead of, it's not bad if he folds. that way, we get a free showdown (assuming we bet the turn), and the times we are ahead of the flop bettor, we don't have to worry about another 6 outs. also, MP will occasionally fold bottom pair or something. I just think position, in general, would be a big help here.

Evan
12-10-2004, 01:50 PM
I agree that having position plus causing MP to fold a pair would be awesome. I dunno, you're probably right. Raising was my first instinct but I decided calling had some benefits too. Maybe I'm just getting too overanalytcal.

Do you think calling is a clear mistake? Becuase I think its at least close.

TommyO
12-10-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm sorry you think this is lame. The only reason I posted it was, as I said in the post, I thought it was funny. I certainly wasn't trying to get any sympathy. Have a great day. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TommyO
12-10-2004, 02:03 PM
You guys are good.

TommyO
12-10-2004, 02:06 PM
You got me pegged. I tend to back off a bit when I've been raised. It's something I need to work on. Thanks.

Cooker
12-10-2004, 04:44 PM
Thank god he is at your table, and add him to your buddies list. That is what I would do in this spot. Also, sincerely compliment all his more idiotic plays. You want to reinforce him when one of his stupid plays gets lucky, so he will remember the few times when the 4 comes on the river and forget the many times it doesn't. I think it probably is very +EV to be nice and complimentary to terrible players.

I had a tough time with a guy like this last night, but I will be looking for him. It was one of those nights where he would call a bet on the river and show down ten high to everyone else at the table, and then have AK vs. my AQ in an unraised pot where the Ace hit the flop. But I will be looking for him next time I play.

lu_hawk
12-10-2004, 04:46 PM
People calling 3 bets cold with crap is why you can't win at low limits. Is there another point to this post?

Ralph Wiggum
12-10-2004, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just thought this hand was funny.

[/ QUOTE ] I need a sense of humor, this post is lame &amp; useless. Add "no content" to title.