PDA

View Full Version : 0.5/1.0 Analysis - The Winning Zone

HesseJam
12-10-2004, 12:10 PM
Since I love to play with PT Stats I once again had a look at the competition. I wanted to know what the winzone in relation to VPIP on Party currently is. My Database is still small (15000 hands)so take everything with a grain of salt. However, I think the sample size is not that big of an issue.

http://www.geocities.com/rreich/TheZone.jpg

So I checked my PT database for the BB/100 rate in relation to the VPIP rate of the players (I excluded my stats). I checked only players with more than 20 hands. Players with less than 20 hands observed tend to be overloaded with losers that busted out during the first 20 hands I observed. They are not necessarily perennial losers since they had about the same VPIP average as the whole field (about 36%). They have a BB/100 of -14.44.

The win zone in terms of VPIP seems to be between 10% and 50%. As a matter of fact, it is not much of a "winning" zone it is moe of a break even zone. There is not much of difference between 10% and 50%. If I add all the hands in the winning zone I see that this zone comprises 57% of all hands.

There is one column called "Seats" which I normed to 9 seats (the 10th seat is yours) to sea how an average table looks like. The winning/ break even players occupy 5.1 seats of the remaining 9. The loose players occupy only 1.8 Seats! The players under 20 hands occupied 1.9 seats.

So, if you look for a table with a good game, you have already found one above average if there are 2 players or more with an VPIP of over 50%.

The more interesting stuff will be if I will take aggression into account. I checked preflop and post flop aggression and it seemed to have way more influence on BB/100 than VPIP. I would like to do a cross anlysis but my database is currently too small. I think +100.000 observed hands should suffice to get a trend. I would only use hands I did not take part in to eliminate the influence of my playing style and my table selection habits to the analysis.