PDA

View Full Version : This Stuff Only Happens ONLINE!

Chief911
12-10-2004, 11:21 AM
I watched this hand take place after being knocked out earlier in the tournament. Was hilarious to watch:

""If the hand don't fit, you must acquit." Hand number 32. O.J.'s number.

It started when Romerico Magbanua sailed all his chips in under the gun. It seemed odd at the time that several players applauded. Sure, Romerico was playing tight and hadn't been in too many pots. But the reaction to his all-in for 44k seemed excessive until we saw why so many players were happy to see chips in the pot. Turns out there were three overpairs to Magbanua's pocket Jacks behind him, all hoping to make hay while the sun shines.

In succession Brian Applebaum, Michael Mizrachi and then Gioi Luong, in the big blind, all followed Romerico all-in. Gioi had them all covered in a pot of over 600,000 or about half the chips on the table.

Suddenly as if the director had called in the entire Las Vegas extra board, seemingly hundreds of people crowded around the table. All the hands were exposed. Applebaum could beat the pocket Jacks. He had pocket Kings. Gioi Luong could beat the pocket Jacks as well. He had the other pocket Kings. But Michael Mizrachi could beat them all. He had pocket Aces! Four premium pairs on the same hand.
The Kings and Jacks were drawing nearly dead when the two available flushes didn't arrive. The Aces held up when no Jack appeared. What a hand! Magbanua was 6th and Applebaum 5th based on prior chip count. Michael Mizrachi, who had started last in chips, now had more than twice anyone else. Actually, the fate of the table was determined. We just didn't know it yet."

Full Recap (http://www.pokerpages.com/tournament/result9979.htm)

It only happens online eh?

Nick

ZootMurph
12-10-2004, 11:34 AM
LOL... nice post Chief. It seems like it happens a lot online only because so many more hands are played online, that you will see these things more frequently. When I'm seeing 250 hands/hour online and 35 hands/hour in a B&M, it will seem as though crazy situations occur more regularly online.

Cleveland Guy
12-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Chief - I posted this from a home game I play.

This happened about a month ago.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=1250665& Forum=f2&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=50&Main=1250665 &Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=13740&daterange=1& newerval=2&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypr ev=#Post1250665