PDA

View Full Version : Empire 250k is NOT on Saturday!

MicroBob
12-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Got this pop-up from Empire:

This Saturday - $250,000 Guaranteed

It's your last chance!
This Saturday, 21:00 EST begins our $250k tournament (blah blah blah).

I had to double-check the tournament page (since i had already qualified for this via a satellite) and confrimed that the tournament really IS on Sunday evening, (Dec 12) at 21:00 as I had previously thought.

How hard is it to get the day of the tournament correct on their pop-up page?
I'm very unimpressed.

MicroBob
12-10-2004, 09:55 AM
They replied rather quickly.
I am still getting the pop-up for Saturday though.
I'm not going to send them a screen-shot because I don't feel like trying to figure out how to do it.

If someone else would like to take a screen shot of the pop-up (assuming I'm not the only one that is getting it) and send it to info@empirepoker.com then feel free.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting us.

The tournament which you are referring to is quarter million guaranteed $250 + $20 which will be held on December 12th, 9 PM that is Sunday.
We would also like to ask you that if youýre still receiving the pop up which says tournament on Saturday we would request you to take a screen shot of the pop up message and send us the screen shot. Please follow the procedure given below to take a screen shot.
1. Press the print screen key on the keyboard and the image is captured.
2. Now open MS Word document and paste this image by
a) Pressing "Ctrl" key and "V" key on the keyboard at the same time.
OR
b) Right click on the Word document and select the option "Paste". Save the file and send it as an attachment.
If the playerýs computer doesnýt have MS Word, then open MS Paint (Click Start-> Programs-> Accessories-> Paint). In MS Paint click on ýEditý and click on ýPasteý. Save the file with ".JPG" format and ask the player to send that file as an attachment to us

Robert, for your information we have informed our technical team regarding the pop up message.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!
Deepthia
Poker Customer Care.

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob
12-11-2004, 03:00 AM
About 30-60 minutes after I said I wasn't going to try to send a screen-shot I was able to figure it out and I actually did send one to them as per their request.

20 hours later....I still get the pop-up that says their Sunday $250k tournament is actually taking place on Saturday.

I assume others are getting this pop-up as well.

Kinda odd.
It's THEIR tournament afterall...they should probably know what day it is taking place.

Tosh
12-11-2004, 03:15 AM
Holding it that late on a Sunday is bad enough.

WSOPWinner2005
12-11-2004, 07:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Holding it that late on a Sunday is bad enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoy the 3 hour levels once they finally converted to NL Tournaments, which this one is probably Limit anyways or I might TRY to qualify through their non existant single table Qualifiers!

BTW, 99.9% of posters here knew about the overlay, it will not be as big as it looks like it will be. I doubt they cover though......

WooHoo !!

MicroBob
12-11-2004, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it will not be as big as it looks like it will be

[/ QUOTE ]

When I ran camera at a television station we had a really lousy weekend weather guy who would sometimes trip over his own tongue and say the strangest things.

One particular time he said something like:
"25 degrees downtown...but the wind is 10 mph. That means it's colder outside then it really is."

WSOPWinner2005
12-11-2004, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it will not be as big as it looks like it will be

[/ QUOTE ]

When I ran camera at a television station we had a really lousy weekend weather guy who would sometimes trip over his own tongue and say the strangest things.

One particular time he said something like:
"25 degrees downtown...but the wind is 10 mph. That means it's colder outside then it really is."

[/ QUOTE ]

What T.V. Station? What Weather Guy ? Was He Right?

Ahhhh Hell I need some sleep, getting delerious.......