PDA

View Full Version : You $@#!ing idiot.

nepenthe
12-10-2004, 05:20 AM
First orbit, I posted in the CO with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif at a limit Party 3/6 game. UTG raised, a couple cold-calls, I obliged with a call of my own. Button folded, BB called one more and it was off to the flop.

Flop came: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

UTG bet, one folded, one caller to me, and I called. Everyone else folded.

Turn was a 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG bet, the lone caller now raised. I called two cold. UTG obliged by folding.

River was an offsuit 7, pairing the board.

The remaining opponent bet. I called. Opponent showed T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for a turned straight flush draw. I felt like a $@#!ing genius.

Another hand, different table, same limit. I have been at this table for a while, and my read on the main opponent was that he was intermittently, but not always, capable of loose-aggressiveness.

I was on the Button with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. There were 3 limpers to me. I raised. Blinds folded, everyone else called.

Flop came: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Everyone checked to the aforementioned opponent who bet out. There was one fold, with me next to act. I raised. Everyone else folded, save for the opponent who called.

Turn came another J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

He checked, I bet, he check-raised, I called.

River was a low rag /images/graemlins/diamond.gif making a flush possible.

He bet out. I raised. He 3-bet. I called.

He showed KJo. I felt like a $@#!ing idiot.

sthief09
12-10-2004, 05:29 AM
I would 3-bet the turn in hand 1. UTG is going to probably only pay one more bet with unpaired non-diamond overcards, but when he has a diamond you want him to pay a steep price to draw out, and when he has an overpair, he'll call anyway. at the least, raise the river. he's raise the turn with a lot more than just 2 pair with a 7 or a set.

I don't understand why you called the turn check-raise but raised the river? the diamond doesn't change anything. you have the best non-full house hand. it's not like you're protecting yourself from a 3-bet. someone with a boat won't fear a flush. someone with trips should.

and the term is "FARKING RETARD"

Spicymoose
12-10-2004, 05:34 AM
Hand #1:
Raise the flop.
Raise the turn.
Raise the river.

Hand #2:
Reraise the turn.
Cap the river. He saw the preflop raise, and so if he was on a flush draw, he would have checked in the hopes of raising and trapping everyone. Furthermore I find it hard to believe he is check raising on the turn with a flush draw.

nepenthe
12-10-2004, 05:44 AM
Hi.

Default +EV lines bore me. Kthx.

nepenthe
12-10-2004, 05:47 AM
First serious response. Hi Mr. Sthief. I play like a calling station nowadays and represent hands I don't have and vice versa. Furthermore, I prefer symbolic transmutations over misspelled vernaculars.

DeeJ
12-10-2004, 06:41 AM
Hand #1 - yes to Raise the flop + turn. I would call the river because of Ace flush and boats. This assumes the fact that I raised the flop/turn didn't affect the subsequent action, because Ax /images/graemlins/diamond.gif will almost certainly cap the turn.

Hand #2 - 3-bet the turn yes. But unless opponent is very laggy and hasn't slowed down you can't ignore the possibility that he flopped a set, he's not slowed down at all.

ErrantNight
12-10-2004, 01:00 PM
on the plus side... you didn't FOLD the turn in hand 1 fearing an ace high flush, right? i mean... you COULD'VE played it worse, right?

on a serious note... with overcards, the extremely unlikely backdoor straight draw, and the second nut flush draw... consider raising the flop? or no, as w/ UTG's raise with no read as an idiot you can't like your overcard outs and don't want to lose the caller if he 3-bets?

on the second hand... i suppose as long as you're hoping to encourage him to get buck-wild on the river calling the turn c/r is just fine. but why fear the diamond? his c/r screams J (and therefore, worse J). if you legitimately feared a flopped set/turned boat why not call it down... i think your aggressive thinking was the right call, for what it's worth, and while i don't necessarily think you shold subscribe to the "put him on one hand, and stick with it! dammit!" magazine, here i think it's worth flipping through an issue for one more bet and capping the river.

better than a turn raise because you might kill your river action when you're ahead (most of the time), particularly if a diamond comes, as your opponent is more likely to fear that.