PDA

View Full Version : Tournament makeover

06-01-2002, 10:52 PM
I think the poker tournament circuit needs a makeover. Although Im not in any kind of position to see this through, maybe some influential people that post on this site will agree with me and help me out.

My suggestion is that we as poker players need to pick 4 tournaments to be"majors" just like golf has. these tournaments make up the "grand slam of poker"

I suggest we could kick this off with the WCOOP, then the US poker championship, followed by the World Poker Open, and finally the WSOP deciding the World Champion.

However heres the catch. I feel that because of the huge fields at the WSOP the world championship is decided on luck more than skill. I back this statement up by the last 4 world champions. None of which are considered "big hitters" in my book.

So I suggest that the first three events of the grand slam be events open to anyone, however in order to play for the World Championship in the WSOP you must place in the top 50 in any of the first 3 events.

This will give the better players 3 chances to prove they are worthy of playing in the WSOP, and will also acheive the goal of allowing the best players to play for the World Championship on a limited field.

Any other suggestions/opinions welcome,

Ryan