PDA

View Full Version : UB Point program

Tim&Joe
12-10-2004, 04:41 AM
Joe: I have always been a fan of free things. Currently I play Empire but after reading much of the "zoo" archives it is clear that the VIP program is not worth much.

Any thoughts on the UB points program. Is it worth while? They seem to have cool stuff and the earning system seems to be pretty fair.

Also does the quality of games at Empire/Party overcome any possible award from UB points.

Thanks

jasonHoldEm
12-10-2004, 05:06 AM
While it's always nice to get free stuff, consider how many points you have to earn to get something decent...most of the books are like 7-10k points (last I checked) and that's a lot of hands you're going to have to play. I think I'd take the games at party and spend the $15-20 on a book.

J

bdubs
12-10-2004, 05:11 AM
I just started playing at UB last week and so far I have absolutely loved it. The amount of ring games is much more limited than empire, but the looseness and poor play is the same. The thing that I like about it is that I get to play against the same people much more often and hence have made more money. They offer kill games and many more tournaments, freerolls, etc than empire.

As far as the points system goes, to get into empires vip club it takes forever before you could even use any of the points you have earned. With UB, they have tons of tourneys that you can enter with just ub points, and earn cash or more points with it. They also have a wide range of items you can get from their store with the points as well.

Instead of having to wait and earn 5000+ points on empire, you can redeem your ub points anytime.

The only reason im playing at empire right now is for the WSOP freeroll they have each month if you play 4000+ raked hands, otherwise id be at UB.

Hope that helps

Scotty O
12-10-2004, 08:13 AM
Like any point program... you need a lot of points to get good stuff (500k to get a laptop). If you earn enough points (10-20k) start playing for Ultimate points if you want. I have done that on slow nights goofing around. I would play the 10/25 PLO or NLHE Ultimate point tables. Make about 50k in points not really trying. This is a fast way to build up these.

Good Luck