PDA

View Full Version : How's this flop raise with 84o?

blackaces13
12-10-2004, 03:03 AM
Obviously this is my first hand at the table since I posted so, no reads.

I'm mostly concerned with the flop play. I think its raise or fold but I'm not sure. Even calling seems semi-reasonable.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2. UTG posts a blind of $2.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Side Note: I got SLAMMED by the other players at the table after this one for being a fish, I guess they missed the fact that I posted? Anyway I handled it badly and ended up trying to defend my play and then ended up leaving the table because the atmosphere was too hostile, partially my fault. I think the lesson here is to turn the chat off if you can't always ignore people calling you names.

Chairman Wood
12-10-2004, 03:16 AM
I play it the same. No way am I calling here. Fishes would do this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=smallholdem&amp;Number=135 6582&amp;Forum=All_Forums&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25 &amp;Main=1356582&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=15510 &amp;daterange=1&amp;newerval=1&amp;newertype=w&amp;olderval=&amp;olde rtype=&amp;bodyprev=#Post1356582). I believe it's raise or fold. If there is anything you should be thinking that you should have done is that you should have folded IMO.

Moozh
12-10-2004, 03:46 AM
If the table thinks you're a fish, why would you ever leave? And why defend yourself? Do you really want to convince them that you actually are a solid player?

blackaces13
12-10-2004, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If the table thinks you're a fish, why would you ever leave? And why defend yourself? Do you really want to convince them that you actually are a solid player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, it was a total lapse of judgement. I know I should have just said "ty" and continued to play at the table which seemed good, believe me, I know the drill. 99 times out of 100 I leave it at that but for some reason this one guy just pissed me off because he was actually berating everyone at the table (I'd seen about 3 or 4 hands before I sat down) and I wanted to make him look stupid for not noticing I posted.

As for leaving, I don't like playing in a hostile environment even if it is +EV. I play poker to have fun and having a vendetta against a particular player or players just gives me negative stress I don't need. Afterall, its just poker.

Any thoughts on the actual hand?

Moozh
12-10-2004, 03:58 AM
Fair enough. Personally, if people start coming after me, sometimes I'll try to play the part. It's how I have fun.

As for the hand, I didn't comment on it because I think you played it fine.

nbb
12-10-2004, 03:58 AM
I think you played it fine. I also think you should have stayed at the table and taken all their money. Absorb their critisism and their bankroll.

blackaces13
12-10-2004, 04:13 AM
FWIW UTG+1 here had AA. Haha. UTG+1 was NOT the table coach who was berating the entire table here either but he joined in on the fun of slamming my play with 84o. This also led to me telling him that if he a) raised pre-flop or b) 3 bet the flop and led the turn like a man, then maybe I wouldn't suck out on this river.

I know, I know, I was WRONG. I NEVER say stuff like this but it was late and for some reason I really had an itch to fire back at the table coach and company just this once. I swear I'll say 10 Our Fathers and 15 Hail Marys this weekend.

Many apologies to the entire 2+2 community for my bad form on this one. It won't happen again.