PDA

View Full Version : eurobet account closed...

bxpeter
12-10-2004, 02:08 AM
hmm so i tried to log in to eurobet and it says that my account has been closed. not frozen, closed...

i suspected it had something to do with a friend paying me $2,000 through a 15/30 private table where he just dumped to me 4 hands in a row. I did not know that this was a big deal. My friend is on partypoker and his account was closed also. He called partypoker and he told them he didn't know it wasn't allowed and that he was paying back his friend. they said that they were going to verify something something and get back to him. i've emailed eurobet but haven't gotten a response yet. i had around 16.3k in my account. i'm not really worried, but i just wanted to make sure that i shouldn't be.

anyone have this happen to them or know whats gonna happen?

Sponger15SB
12-10-2004, 02:25 AM
uh yeah you know they have inter-account transfers for this.

i'm glad they did this to your accounts, you shouldn't be allowed to chip dump for any reason.

Drunk Bob
12-10-2004, 02:25 AM
Yep That'll do it allright /images/graemlins/cool.gif

4thstreetpete
12-10-2004, 02:29 AM
serves you right buddy. I'm glad they closed your accounts and it actually makes me feel better that party would take these measures. For all the slack that party gets, I must commend them this time. Good job Party!!!!

bxpeter
12-10-2004, 02:33 AM
i didn't expect responses like this. could someone explain whats so wrong about what i did? my friend was already at his max transfer limit.

Drunk Bob
12-10-2004, 02:36 AM
If you are honest you must be one of the stupidest people that has ever inhabited the face of this Earth.

If you live a long way from your friend 30cents and a check.

If close you save the 30 cents.

Partypaker thanks you for the $12 in rake. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bxpeter
12-10-2004, 02:41 AM
i don't get it. you're saying its wrong because we paid $12 for it instead of paying 37 cents?

i know that's stupid, but there's a reason why we couldn't wait. mail would have taken around 2 weeks.

in any case, what does that have to do with my deserving to have my account closed.

octop
12-10-2004, 02:48 AM
It should be frpzen they should take their rake and verify that everything is legit and once its verified it should be unfrozen

Drunk Bob
12-10-2004, 02:49 AM
It looks likes like chip dumping to Party.

Where someone buys in with a stolen credit card and dumps chips to a friend.

Partys software to detect chipdumping must be better than thier plan to detect collusion. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

jasonHoldEm
12-10-2004, 02:54 AM
Because it looks like fraud. Someone steals a credit card and maxes it out buying chips at party, the person then dumps them off to a partner. Meanwhile the real cardholder realizes his card has been stolen, does a chargeback on the umpty-ump thousands of dollars the team has stolen and the site gets screwed in the process.

I konw you'll say you didn't steal any credit cards, and I might even believe you, but that is why they closed your accounts...crap like this looks like fraud and they have to protect themselves. This is why they have legitamate ways to transfer money among players, to protect themselves, the players, and poker in general. If you friend is above his transfer limit (I didn't even know there was such a thing) use neteller or as someone else suggested mail a check. There a ton of other options that won't land you in trouble.

J

BlueBear
12-10-2004, 02:55 AM
What you did is wrong.

I understand that you were just trying to do a transfer of money as quickly as possible and but the reality is, in the eyes of Partypoker, chip dumping is the tool of colluding players. It is was allowed, it will ruin the integrity of the games.

Call the people up, explain that you were not clear of these policies and state your case firmly, clearly and politely.

bxpeter
12-10-2004, 02:56 AM
so did you guys assume i was involved in a credit card fraud scheme or is there something so inherently evil or harmful about chip dumping that it justifies a 16k loss? i'm just curious now, because i'm pretty sure everything will get squared away.

Drunk Bob
12-10-2004, 03:04 AM
Oops I haven"t actually dealt with the USPS ina while for outgoing.Is 37 cents thethe 1st Class rate?

If so they deserve it..Rain(yes],Snow{sometimes if not to deep}, Gloom of night {never]

That is what Unions are for! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bxpeter
12-10-2004, 03:08 AM
yup... and there is a plan in effect to raise it to 41 cents by 2006 or something.

MicroBob
12-10-2004, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm not really worried, but i just wanted to make sure that i shouldn't be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't help you there, because I definitely would be VERY worried at this point.

I think that you will be able to get your money back....but there is a chance that you won't be able to.

Drunk Bob
12-10-2004, 03:13 AM
I would not effect the intergerity of the game since it was HU but partys bottomline .

Drunk Bob
12-10-2004, 03:18 AM
If you have $16000 in cleared funds in your account I am sure Party will overlook this /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Knowing Party it might take a while /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck if that is your money

Tim&Joe
12-10-2004, 03:35 AM
Tim: Congratulations for being in position to not worry about $16K because I would be pooping my pants.

Joe: Tim, that is one mess you would be cleaning up by yourself. But seriously I find it hard to believe that you didn't know what you were doing was wrong given the fact that you have played enough or have enough confidence in online poker to keep $16K online.

Tim: It does seem suspicous Joe.

Joe: Good luck and if this was an honest mistake as you claim I hope you get your money back. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bxpeter
12-10-2004, 03:36 AM
ok, well thanks for the input. i guess i'll let u guys know what happens.

just want to say that i'm pretty shocked that everyone naturally assumes i am using a stolen credit card or am colluding. i don't think i would ever immediately assume that.

anyway, if anyone's interseted, here's why we did this. my friend is a wild gambler. he has problems. he gets $500 in his account and immediately goes to a 4-handed 15/30 game. he's a moron, basically. over the years, he's racked up a near $4000 (not all gambling) debt to me. thats a lot considering how young we are. recently he went on a really hot streak and had enough money in his account to pay me back for the first time in years. i was willing to let him pay me back slowly, until i saw him steaming like a madman at one table and calling down with hands like 8 high. players were value betting him with J-high expecting to win. it made absolutely no sense. like i said, he's a moron. obviously i was pissed, so i was like, ok u need to give me what u owe me right now. i didn't trust him to cash out and write me a check etc. so he sent me $2000 through the transfer function, and dumped the rest because he wasn't allowed to send anymore.

thanks again

bxpeter
12-10-2004, 03:50 AM
siamese twins? ambiguously gay duo?

obviously, 16k is a lot of money to anyone. i'm just not too worried because i think there's very little chance that i won't get it back.

i had a vague idea that it was against party's rules (not wrong) but i didn't expect anything to happen. like i know jaywalking is against the rules but i don't feel bad doing it and i don't expect anything to happen when i do it. i guess i was just wrong.

MicroBob
12-10-2004, 05:23 AM
He's lucky he has a pal like you who will help feed his gambling-addiction and help him get deeper and deeper into debt.

did you consider NOT loaning him the money to help him stop the bleeding a bit?

aron
12-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Ehh... what is chip dumping?
Clearly some dubious kind of moneytransfer, but how does it work?
Would like to know cause the thread seems interesting.

Enlighten me - aron

Soleo
12-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Chip dumping is intentional losing of pots to another player. It's prohibited by rooms rules.

TylerD
12-10-2004, 10:31 AM
I don't think you can transfer money "inter-skin".

pudley4
12-10-2004, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just want to say that i'm pretty shocked that everyone naturally assumes i am using a stolen credit card or am colluding. i don't think i would ever immediately assume that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reading comprehension sucks.

GrannyMae
12-10-2004, 02:26 PM
i saw him steaming like a madman at one table and calling down with hands like 8 high.

have you already gotten your 16k back?

i ask because if your friend is calling bets with 8high, it will appear that he is teaming with the person who he is losing his money to.

calling a bet on the river with 8 high will trip security measures. once he has been flagged, so will anyone who has anything to do with him. your friend calling rivers with 8 high, then dumping to you at a heads up table is a great way to have your money seized.

crockett
12-10-2004, 02:47 PM
The orginal post doesn't surprise me one bit.

What does surprise me is the replies. Stop feeding the troll.

Hi, I have 16K in Poker account so my friend and I started chip dumping because he owes me money. I didn't know chip dumping was against the rules and considered unethical?

Puh leaze! Know one and I mean NO ONE has 16K in a Poker account and doesn't know exactly what chip dumping is, that it is unethical and violates all Pokersites' T&Cs.

I call BS.

My poker intitution tells me. Young poster (under 19), male, not near as much in the account as advertised, might be considering chip dumping or did chip dump and got caught.

And of course then this comes out....

"i had a vague idea that it was against party's rules (not wrong) but i didn't expect anything to happen. like i know jaywalking is against the rules but i don't feel bad doing it and i don't expect anything to happen when i do it. i guess i was just wrong. "

Oh, so now it changes to, I had a vague idea..and you mean there is consequences? "Not wrong...just agaisnt the rules."

My daddy always said "There are two sides to every story, his, hers and the truth."

I think we have one side so far.

sumdumguy
12-10-2004, 03:32 PM
(1) credit card fraud (already mentioned a zillion times)
(2) Money laundering
(3) Debt settlement

Occassionally they don't mind, but they don't want settlement of non-poker related debts to be a regular thing.

bxpeter
12-10-2004, 03:32 PM
haha. this is funny.
here are just some responses.

micro - you're definitely right. its been a long time since i have lent him money. while 4000 was way more than it should have gone, i stopped lending him money a long time ago.

tylerd - i have an account on party also, so that doesn't matter.

jeffa - maybe you're right. i just don't understand why else anyone would say that i deserve to have lost my money. because i knowingly broke a rule that harmed no one?

crockett - i had a feeling a post like this come along as the replies started to build. i'm 21, male, exactly 16.3k in the account.. some of which of course was dumped to me by friend. i said in my original post that "i did not know it was a big deal" aka i "had a vague idea that it was against the rules but never thought this would happen". and please explain why chip-dumping in itself is unethical.

Mr. Graff
12-10-2004, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
recently he went on a really hot streak and had enough money in his account to pay me back for the first time in years.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i was willing to let him pay me back slowly, until i saw him steaming like a madman at one table and calling down with hands like 8 high. players were value betting him with J-high expecting to win. it made absolutely no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are right, it makes no sense for someone like that to be winning money at poker even for short streaks. It just doesn't happen.

sumdumguy
12-10-2004, 03:43 PM
You aren't the first to make this mistake and you won't be the last. A friend and I were trying to transfer chips last year the same way and got nailed to the wall. They explained the various reasons why it is not allowed and we gained an appreciation for the security, legal and appearance issues the poker sites have to deal with.

If you're legit, they will unfreeze your accounts shortly as with ours. For the record, I had more than 16K in my account.. so you're not the only one with 16K that did not have a true appreciation of the issues. I also caught a couple of buddies each with over 10K in their account trying to do the same thing to settle a sportsbet. They're lucky someone was watching and showed them how to do an account transfer.

For future reference, transfer limit can be increased if you email the site.

lacky
12-10-2004, 03:59 PM
I hope for your sake his "hot streak funds" weren't actually stolen credit card funds. If he has a serios gambling problem it is more likely than you would like to think. If what they are "checking" are the source of his funds, and they are not clean, you will not have a chance, even if you expain you didn't know.

(all the english teachers I've ever had would be horrified by this post)

GrannyMae
12-10-2004, 04:35 PM
I hope for your sake his "hot streak funds" weren't actually stolen credit card funds. If he has a serios gambling problem it is more likely than you would like to think. If what they are "checking" are the source of his funds, and they are not clean, you will not have a chance, even if you expain you didn't know.

were you replying to me?

i know my grammar is bad, but what does the rest of this have to do with my post?

maryfield48
12-10-2004, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

were you replying to me?

i know my grammar is bad, but what does the rest of this have to do with my post?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thinking he was referring to his own grammar, Granny. He had some severe subject/verb disconnection happening.

lacky
12-10-2004, 09:36 PM
yeah, my grammer and discussing the thread in general. Bad habit of mine. I tend to comment when the insperation strikes, so It doesn't always fit the last comment!

Steve

GrannyMae
12-11-2004, 01:06 AM
like here?

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/k0/smashfreak.gif