PDA

View Full Version : Pedro Martinez to stay in Boston...

UncleRemus
12-10-2004, 01:51 AM
http://www.bostondirtdogs.com/

Martinez Set to Re-Sign with Sox

Breaking News: CBS-4 in Boston reports that the Martinez "social visit" went so well that Pedro and the Red Sox are now finalizing a three-year contract worth $40 million. Only small details remain. Deal expected to be official in 24-48 hours.

So what do the rest of you Sox fans think about this? Although the guy can be quite a headcase, and has irritated me quite a bit over the years, I'm glad he's staying and hope he retires in our uniform. I think he definitely has at least 3 years left, and won't be surprised if he goes "eck" at some point, closing his career by closing games.

Now for Varitek, hopefully...

billyjex
12-10-2004, 01:54 AM
I like it. I'm not a Sox fan in anyway, but after the miracle season the Sox had, there's no way one of their biggest stars should run off to the Yankees or Mets for a couple extra mil. He should retire a Red Sox - it's his home.

nothumb
12-10-2004, 01:56 AM
No way Pedro is ever a closer. He is too rough in the early innings, they're by far his worst. I'm glad to have him back, though.

NT

daryn
12-10-2004, 03:29 AM
i love it. i love pedro, and i want him to retire in boston. awesome.

i love david ortiz's comment too. everyone was talking about pedro going to the mets and this and that. ortiz simply said, "pedro ain't going to no mets."

love it.

fatmongo
12-10-2004, 08:08 AM
[censored]

Toro
12-10-2004, 08:37 AM
The Sox overpaid a bit I'm afraid and 3 years guaranteed is one too many. But, all in all, it's probably a smart baseball move since the Sox have the nucleus to defend.

To win it all, you need two #1's and they are one of the few teams with that right now.

scrub
12-10-2004, 08:38 AM
On the one hand, I'm glad he'll be back and I'd like to see him finish up in Boston.

On the other hand, I'd hate to resign Pedro and not Varitek or Cabrera.

scrub