PDA

View Full Version : A Fullhouse...this should be an easy one

brian0729
12-10-2004, 01:36 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero ???

Final Pot: ??? BB

Chairman Wood
12-10-2004, 02:30 AM
Call me weak tight but I check call. I don't think a weaker hand calls your bet and I think this is a situation where someone might take a stab at it with A 8 or something. Now someone tell me I'm wrong.

brian0729
12-10-2004, 05:01 PM

Demana
12-10-2004, 05:20 PM
I think you may be beat as anyone with a 6, 5, or bigger pocket pair has you beat. I'd go with check/call.

dachord
12-10-2004, 05:57 PM
You don't describe what kind of player UTG+2 is. Is he tight? LAG? I'd probably bet. If he raises, he's representing at least a 6, maybe a 5. That would make it an easy fold for me.

brian0729
12-10-2004, 06:09 PM
I usually try to include reads when I think they directly affect a decision. My read on UTG+2 is loose as are the other players. They are not that aggro. They are just your typical Party 2+4 players.

SamIAm
12-10-2004, 06:24 PM
I'd just check-call. If you bet and are raised, what do you do? (I'd fold.) Is this bet-fold better than check-calling? I don't know.

I think you're up against a better hand that won't fold to your aggression, so I'd just check-call. Somebody call me and and the Chairman that we're wrong. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-Sam

Rah
12-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Definitely check/call. You can't fold but don't want to risk a raise. Checking might induce a bluff too.

Harv72b
12-11-2004, 12:58 AM
I bet out the turn and the river on this board.

If anyone had an overpair or even paired the 6, they should have raised your flop bet...it's a straight possible board (though unlikely), and anyone with a better hand than your 44 should want to knock anyone holding a gutshot out of the hand, or else find out if you really have the straight.

When you check to UTG+1 on the turn, he's going to figure you for a gutshot that didn't come through, and bet his ace. MP2 &amp; button both make loose calls with overcards behind him. I think if you'd bet out the turn you would've folded at least two of those players...now they think it's just a coinflip so they're staying in.

When that third 5 comes on the river, you have to ask yourself which is more likely: Is one of your opponents underplaying an overpair? Did one of them call preflop with a 6 or 5? Or are you just up against your run of the mill A high?

I think you win this hand far more often than you lose it, especially with the betting patterns, and so I value bet this river. If you do get raised, okay, fine--make your crying call, and you'll probably still end up winning the odd hand.

Mike Gallo
12-11-2004, 03:48 AM
The flop you had straight draw and bet. I like the bet.

The board paired the 5. You check and close action with a call.

The board put three fives up there. You missed your straight, I would not bet. I would check and see what develops. I do not like folding in that spot either, however without reads I might fold to a bet and a raise, especially if I do not close action.

brian0729
12-11-2004, 04:09 AM
I liked the way I played this hand on the flop and turn but when the river put the third 5 on the board it became complete confusion. I checked with the intent of calling a single bet and folding for two bets. It was check around and I was good.

Mike Gallo
12-11-2004, 04:14 AM
Well thought out plan.