PDA

View Full Version : Should I be scared?

Chaostracize
12-10-2004, 01:12 AM
2/4 Party full game. I'm on the button with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Folded to CO who raises, I 3-bet, blinds fold, and he calls. I don't know if this means anything but he's sitting with a little more than 350 dollars.

Flop comes: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

He checks. I bet, he folds.

My question is, will I make more in the long run by checking this and letting him bet the turn? Or should I be deathly afraid of giving away that free card?

deacsoft
12-10-2004, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
will I make more in the long run by checking this and letting him bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You'll lose more.

[ QUOTE ]
Or should I be deathly afraid of giving away that free card?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not deathly afraid, but you don't need to give a free oppertunity for your opponent to catch up or pick up a monster draw.

StellarWind
12-10-2004, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My question is, will I make more in the long run by checking this and letting him bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
Certainly not with this flop. He will usually flop a pair with QJ on board. A flush or straight draw is also possible. Most of the time you can expect him to call this flop when he has a worse hand.

Take his money.

Sent
12-10-2004, 01:41 AM
Anyone just call his pf raise here and hope one of the blinds comes along as well?

-Sent

deacsoft
12-10-2004, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone just call his pf raise here and hope one of the blinds comes along as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way.