PDA

View Full Version : JJ in SB on a Very Loose-Passive Table...Flop and Turn Play Questions

BoogieDown
12-09-2004, 11:28 PM
BB is a horrible LPP (60/2.7/.5)..MP2 is another LPP (65/1.67/1.28)...MP3 is sLAP.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

Typically I bet out on this flop, but since the table was so LPP, I decided to CR a a late position bet. (Is that thought an oxymoron? Since it's was a very loose-passive table, should I not of tried for a CR and just bet out?). Obviously that didn't work. After BB bet out, I planned on betting into the BB on the turn to protect my hand. If a scare card came out (a club or an overcard), I would reevaluate.

Would you play it the same?

Turn: (8.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

When the club comes out, I had a pretty good feeling that if I bet into the BB he would just call since he would be afraid of the club. He also wasn't the type of player that would bet a flush draw on the flop. So I check again planning on CRing a late position bettor. I would like to say that I would fold to a 3bet.

When MP2 comes alive, I put him on a flush, flush draw or a pair of 10's. I can't give a cheap look at the river, I still might have the best hand, and I want overcards to fold, so I CR. Cool, no 3bet, but only 1 player folds.

How do you play the turn?

River: (16.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

River plays itself, but results were pretty surprising....

Thanks for your help!

Spladle Master
12-09-2004, 11:31 PM
There's no way you lost this hand, is there? I can't imagine a better hand than yours wouldn't raise this river.

BoogieDown
12-09-2004, 11:37 PM
I'll post the results when I get some responses. What do you think of my play?

Russ McGinley
12-09-2004, 11:39 PM
At first I didn't like the turn raise but after thinking about it, I do like it if you were, in fact, capable of folding to a 3-bet. I had put MP2 on a weak flush but then he folds on the river. Either he had no hand at all or figured his flush was no good. There is nothing that worries me on the river, but since you said the results were surprising, then maybe one of the callers had the case deuce and didn't know he had quads.

BoogieDown
12-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Now that I think about, the 2 Jacks and 2 twos (assuming no one has a 2) give me 4 outs which would be enough to give me the odds to call a 3 bet hoping to fill up.

LuvDemNutz
12-10-2004, 01:56 AM
I think you blew it on every street.

Chairman Wood
12-10-2004, 02:24 AM
Real.....constructive.

Brunger
12-10-2004, 02:31 AM
Strange flop check. I bet there almost 100% of the time. I think that I like the turn check raise but you put yourself in a strange position by check calling the flop. I would have bet the flop and lead the turn. River is fine.

LuvDemNutz
12-10-2004, 06:28 PM
I think you should change your name to "ChipSpewingFish".

Number4
12-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Pre-flop - obvious raise.

Flop - I either bet out or check-raise here. There is no way I am check-calling.

Turn - I bet out and call a raise, hoping to fill my boat up on the river.

River - I may go for a check-raise, but I think the bet is fine.

BoogieDown
12-10-2004, 08:26 PM
You're a dick Scotty!! If I we weren't banned from each other's tables I'd stalk you!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

BoogieDown
12-10-2004, 08:32 PM
I guess the best route to take was to lead the flop and lead the turn. BB takes it down with pocket queens /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

Hero has Jd Jh (full house, twos full of jacks).
BB has Qc Qs (full house, twos full of queens).
MP3 has Th Qd (full house, twos full of tens).
Outcome: BB wins 19.50 BB. </font>