PDA

View Full Version : PokerRoom Holiday Specials

IggyWH
12-09-2004, 10:46 PM
http://www.pokerroom.com/main/page/promotions/holiday/holiday

largeeyes
12-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Just got this email too. Not really much to write home about, especially compared to turkey day and it's bonus. I guess I'll clear my bonus during the snowmen promo and hope for quad 8's.

csuf_gambler
12-09-2004, 11:05 PM
which ones better:

$100 TRIPLE TOURNAMENT PACKAGE
Available to all who deposit $100 or more. (Valued at $123)
- 1 ticket to $50+4 multi-table tournament
- 1 ticket to $20+2 multi-table tournament
- 2 tickets to $10+1 multi-table tournament
- "Holdem Poker for Advanced Players" by David Sklansky.

or

$300 TEAM POKERROOM.COM PACKAGE
Available to all who deposit $300 or more. (Valued at $345)
- 1 ticket to $300+20 Main Draw tournament
- "The Theory of Poker" by David Sklansky

The next Main Draw will run on December 25th 6:00 PM ET. The top finisher will join Team PokerRoom.com.

the $300 deposit has more value but you only get 1 tournment, 1 shot.

with the $100 deposit, you get 4 tournment entries.

Yobz
12-09-2004, 11:37 PM
These are pretty decent, I'll probably deposit $300 since I already have HPFAP and not TOP

LLXC
12-09-2004, 11:56 PM
Think I can get this deal on top of the first deposit bonus?

cab4656
12-10-2004, 12:03 AM
I DON'T THINK THESE ARE FREE!!

I deposited and in order to get the gift I have to click a button that says "Buy." Since I really don't want another TOP, WLLH, or HEFAP, I'm not gonna click that button. If anyone does try it and can confirm, please post.

KingMarc
12-10-2004, 12:10 AM
"4. When you click on "buy this package" you agree to pay the cost of the package and this sum will be taken from your PokerRoom.com account. "

This must be the most retarded promo ever.

realwtf
12-10-2004, 12:25 AM
They could have just said get a free book! here is the terms

How do I buy a Holiday Package?
To buy a Holiday Package you must make a deposit (or several deposits accumulating the amount) equal to or more than the price of the package between December 9th and 26th. The $15 Real Money Beginner Package is only available to players who make a First Deposit during that period; the other packages are available to anyone who has already played for real money. If you look under the My Account section you will see what packages you are eligible to choose between. You can however only buy one package, so pick carefully!

largeeyes
12-10-2004, 12:34 AM
Ha, if it was free it would be the best deal ever. A free $320 main draw entry!

MicroBob
12-10-2004, 12:50 AM
Yes...you actually have to BUY the package.

You get a package suppsedlt valued at $123 for $100.
The tournaments add up to $98.
So you pretty much get the Sklansky book for $2 if you play in the 4 tournaments.

On the $300 package:
you get a 300+20 tournament without having to pay the +20 part. Plus you get the Sklansky book.
If you regularly play these 300+20 tourneys on p-room anyway then it's probably worth it.

Here's another one:
• $15 REAL MONEY BEGINNER PACKAGE
Available to all who make a first deposit of $15 or more. (Valued at $20)

- 4 tickets to Beginners - only $2 Shark Cage tournament.
- 1 ticket to $5+1 multi-table tournament.
- PokerRoom.com Odds Chart Mouse Pad.

So you get $14 worth of tournament for $15.
You get their little mouse-pad thing for $1!!!!

There's also a $50 package where you get $34 woth of tournament....and then get Lee jones book for the $16.

These are really pretty worthless packages.
Pokerroom ought to be ashamed of themselves!!

MicroBob
12-10-2004, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ha, if it was free it would be the best deal ever. A free $320 main draw entry!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
for a second there I was thinking "wait a minute....I would WAY more rather have a $300 tourney-entry than some $150 bonus that takes forever to clear." Eventually, I saw the light.

Stars did something similar to what I THOUGHT this promo was a few months ago.

They offered a $120 reload to anybody that played in their Sunday $215 tourney.
You couldn't get the reload until AFTER you played in the tourney (in which I busted pretty early actually..oh well).
basically I looked at it as getting to play in a $215 tourney for only $95 (since I was getting $120 back after reloading).
Of course, I had to clear the bonus-points too....but I don't think that's such a big deal at Stars (it goes quick at 2/4 and 3/6 6-max) and I enjoy playing there anyway.

Yobz
12-10-2004, 01:12 AM
Man, I was really excited. This just killed the deal =)

Prod1gy
12-10-2004, 01:45 AM
Basically make a real money deposit and then spend it all on some package of tournies..

KingMarc
12-10-2004, 03:16 AM
My Pretty Picture (http://photobucket.com/albums/v613/DVLDVLDVL/?action=view&current=retardedpr.jpg)

AncientPC
12-10-2004, 05:32 AM
And to think that I opened up an account on Pokerroom just for this . . .

TylerD
12-10-2004, 06:09 AM
I thought a free $300 tournament was pretty generous. It is held on Christmas day though...

cab4656
12-10-2004, 01:40 PM
The bonus gets dumber. They've now removed the books, so all you get is some tourney entries.

AncientPC
12-10-2004, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The bonus gets dumber. They've now removed the books, so all you get is some tourney entries.

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Man what are the schmucks at PokerRoom and Pacific smoking these days?

Stupendous_Man
12-10-2004, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Man what are the schmucks at PokerRoom and Pacific smoking these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't all you guys running over to PR on the 24th and 25th to see if you can hit quad 8's to get a ticket to the Snowman $20M Freeroll? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I mean really, who wants a reload bonus when you can play at PR and hope to get quad 8's?!

SM

largeeyes
12-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Well, I plan on clearing my turkey-day bonus then. Wish me luck on getting some quad snowmen.

I like how they changed the deal though. The $300 deal now gets youa maindraw $320 entry and a $50+4 entry. Pretty good deal if you play those anyways. or had wnated to try them.

PokerRoom.com
12-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Promo changed!

Hi all,

After some initial confusion regarding one of our Holiday promos, it has now been changed to better suit its original purpose.
Since it in general is a much greater task for tournament players to gather the necessary amount of player points to clear bonuses, we wanted to create a promo targeted primarely towards players wanting to participate in our Hold'em tournament festival.
I think you will find that it now does so.
I’m sure some will argue the legitimacy of such a solution, but for once we felt that it’d be nice to focus on tournament players.

We would also like to thank the members of this forum for all the creative feedback.
Hopefully we’ve now managed to turn our Holiday Package promo into a more attractive and less confusing product.

Cheers,

Kim
PokerRoom.com (http://www.pokerroom.com)

josie_wales
12-13-2004, 10:06 AM
So....

What has it changed to?

jw

TylerD
12-13-2004, 10:14 AM
<font color="blue">• $15 REAL MONEY BEGINNER PACKAGE
Available to purchase for those making a deposit of $15 or more. (Valued at $25)

- 4 tickets to Beginners - only $2 Shark Cage tournament.
- 1 ticket to $10+1 multi-table tournament.
- PokerRoom.com Odds Chart Mouse Pad.

The Shark Cage will run twice daily between the 13th and 31st of December. All events will have $50 added to the prize pool. For further information please check the Weekly Calendar.

• $100 TRIPLE TOURNAMENT PACKAGE
Available to purchase for those making a deposit of $100 or more. (Valued at $130)

- 2 tickets to $50+4 multi-table tournament
- 1 ticket to $20+2 multi-table tournament

• $50 TOURNAMENT TRYOUT PACKAGE
Available to purchase for those making a deposit of $50 or more. (Valued at $65)

- 1 ticket to $10+1 multi-table tournament

• $300 TEAM POKERROOM.COM PACKAGE
Available to purchase for those making a deposit of $300 or more. (Valued at $374)

- 1 ticket to $300+20 Main Draw tournament

The next Main Draw will run on December 25th 6:00 PM ET. The top finisher will join Team PokerRoom.com. </font>

Thats pretty good value if you play tournaments. I would have preferred a reload myself but its still a good(ish)promotion.

Rudbaeck
12-13-2004, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats pretty good value if you play tournaments. I would have preferred a reload myself but its still a good(ish)promotion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that there basically never are promotions targeted at the tourney crowd this is pretty good bonus indeed. Basically you get a 25% bonus and it's cleared in two tourneys.