PDA

View Full Version : A little too aggro with KK heads up?

MoreWineII
12-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

The previous hand, I'd had AA snapped off by a turned set of 6's heads-up. It was kinda irritating. This is my second hand at the table, I don't have any notes on this fella.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

How's this turn raise?

River: (12.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Final Pot: 13.16 BB

Alexthegreat
12-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Just call down after the flop cap, barring another spade

Chairman Wood
12-09-2004, 10:03 PM
I would normally go for the call down after the flop cap unless unimproved line.

me454555
12-09-2004, 10:10 PM
I like it. Given the preflop play, I think this is a great line to take. Unless he's got exactly Axs of spades, you've got plenty of outs

private joker
12-09-2004, 10:11 PM
I think I disagree with the others and say I like this play. He probably has [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K] or [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q] and is jamming that flush draw. It's a marginal idea with three players, but he wants to push you off your jack. When the turn comes, he realizes it's less likely you had top pair, so he bets, but you raise and he realizes it just cost him 2 BB to see a spade on the river. I doubt he flopped a flush (probably would have had to have specifically A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif), so I'd say most of the time you still have the best hand on the turn and that raise is for value. Nice river bet, too.

But now I'm thinking you wouldn't have posted this if you hadn't lost the hand, so I'm probably just as wrong as you were. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MoreWineII
12-09-2004, 10:30 PM
See, I think him not capping preflop makes JJ, QQ, KK, AA less likely. I think he'd wait until the turn to raise the nut flush. So that leaves A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK, A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ, no? He's probably going to call the raise with either of those hands..

TT was kinda the hand I was most skeered of.

Evan
12-09-2004, 10:34 PM
If you think he has A /images/graemlins/spade.gif then isn't your turn check pretty awful? I don't wanna give someone with 25-30% equity (just did that in my head so don't shoot me) a free card in a ginormous pot.

MoreWineII
12-09-2004, 10:38 PM
I dunno, that's what I'm askin' you guys. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CinnamonWind
12-09-2004, 10:58 PM
I like it all the way around. I think you might be looking at QQ with the Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif or AT with a A /images/graemlins/spade.gif or a KQ draw with the Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Once you see that second jack and you know you're probably not behind a jack, yet you know he will likely bet, the CR is a great play. Then fire on the river for sure, as you did. Only thing that beats you here is an unlikely J, a flopped flush, or AA and AA is unlikely given the PF play.

You might be beaten, but I like the aggressiveness a lot.

MoreWineII
12-10-2004, 02:00 AM
Hero bets, button folds.

Hey, don't ask me. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yeknom58
12-10-2004, 02:21 AM
I like a turn bet.

Why I don't like a CR.
-You don't know he will bet.
-If get 3 bet you have to call.

sfer
12-10-2004, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Just call down after the flop cap, barring another spade

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Given the flop action the last card I want to see is a spade.

sfer
12-10-2004, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I like a turn bet.

Why I don't like a CR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Total agreement here.

MoreWineII
12-10-2004, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like a turn bet.

Why I don't like a CR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't necessarily disagree, however...

- Villian raised preflop and capped the flop, I think it's *likely* he's going to bet the turn if checked to.

- I don't think he's ahead of me. I'm basing that on the fact that a.) he didn't cap preflop and b.) I don't think he'd cap the flop with a made flush.

Of course, I could be wrong on both counts, but I'm just going on the info that I have available to me and what I *think* the most likely scenario is.

sthief09
12-10-2004, 11:53 AM
I think once the turn comes around, there's not much he has that you beat. if he has a pair or gut shot plus the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif he might have just taken a free card. Because of this, I'd bet the turn. If raised, obviously I'd call the turn, but I don't know about the river. I don't think it's worth a bet. I think he probably had a flush and feared a boat when you check-raised the turn.

ErrantNight
12-10-2004, 12:32 PM
well, sure sounds like A /images/graemlins/spade.gif with a K or Q to me...