PDA

View Full Version : Party 3/6: Chasing with AKo in a hugh pot....

chesspain
12-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 is a horrible player who plays nearly 100% of his hands and plays passively post-flop, except for the occasional river bluff raise and calldown with hands like 8-high. No read on MP3. Button appears to be an O.K./average player.

Preflop: chesspain is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, chesspain calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (16.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
chesspain checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, chesspain calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (9.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
chesspain checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button calls.

River: (13.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, Button calls.

1. Is my flop call bad?
2. Is the turn checkraise a bit too much?...I was hoping to fold out another AK.

cnfuzzd
12-09-2004, 09:29 PM
seems routine.

I think the only way the flop call is marginal is if you expect button to have aces more than 96% of the time, AND he has the A /images/graemlins/club.gif.

I like the turn checkraise. It seems like raising the turn is a play that has filtered down to even the mediocre players, as i am seeing it more, and buttons response to it will be usefull. Also, you now have a decent chance of winning this decently-sized pot, and getting the other player to fold is never a bad thing.

river. Easy bet, but i prefer to river the A /images/graemlins/club.gif in these situations.

peace

john nickle

Joe Tall
12-09-2004, 11:13 PM
You flop call is fine. You turn raise is also fine if you are sure it will give you a better shot at the pot with a river bluff bet heads up versus the button.

You hit your hand, nice.

Peace,
Joe Tall