PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea v. Arsenal

KJS
12-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Big game on Sunday. I feel that if Chelsea win then Arsenal's hopes of repeating as Champs are over. The Gunners haven't shown much mettle since losing to ManU and I don't see them getting beaten Sunday, being 8 points back and making a run at Chelsea.

Will Chelsea win though? They seem the better team at this point, both in England and Champions League. With Arsenal hurting a bit in the back and Chelsea so strong in defense, I think Chelsea will prevail if they score first, but doing that at Highbury will not be easy. Neither will coming back if the Gunners strike early. I think Mourinho will play for 1-0 though, as he has shown in less important games. The fact that both played midweek may mean the game is a bit off pace. Will the fact that it was not a must-win for the Blues make a difference? Not sure.

I am a Chelsea fan, and not a recent bandwagon one, so I hope they come out on top. No matter what though, it should be a great game.

Curious to hear other's thoughts.

KJS

Alobar
12-09-2004, 08:35 PM
are you talking about soccer or something?

stabn
12-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Yah he is.

Well chelsea looked pretty good about celtic when i saw them here in seattle. Of course, that wasn't a regular season game, and i haven't followed the season since. Still looking forward to next summer though, when we have some decent teams visit seattle again.

KJS
12-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Chelsea is in first, five points ahead of Arsenal. This is their first meeting this year.

The George and Dragon in Fremont shows nearly every important soccer match. Check their web site for a schedule if you ever feel like seeing a game. I'll be there for the replay of CFC v. Arsenal on Sunday.

KJS

wayabvpar
12-09-2004, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chelsea is in first, five points ahead of Arsenal. This is their first meeting this year.

The George and Dragon in Fremont shows nearly every important soccer match. Check their web site for a schedule if you ever feel like seeing a game. I'll be there for the replay of CFC v. Arsenal on Sunday.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

I got laid off a few weeks before Euro2000, so I had a chance to see most of that tourney live at the George. I love that place.

stabn
12-09-2004, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly didn't even notice you were in seattle at first. I might have to check out The George and Dragon one of these days.

KJS
12-09-2004, 09:13 PM
PM me if you do and we can have a beer. I am not there every weekend, but for most Chelsea games.

KJS

Rob Blackburn
12-09-2004, 10:31 PM
F' Chelski, just admit the only thing that could make your team better was a Russian billionaire obsessed with winning the PL, it just happend that he bought your team.

<font color="red">RED DEVILS 4EVAR!</font>

daveymck
12-10-2004, 05:03 AM
Chelsea will win or at worse get a draw, they are playing really well at the moment and Arsenal defensively are shocking at the moment I can see it being a 3-1 game to Chelsea.

lorinda
12-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Just a pedantic note.

It's Arsenal vs Chelsea. In the UK the home side is written first.

Lori

The once and future king
12-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Man U, still the richest football club in the world, still 9 points behind Chelsea, still [censored] because there manager is past it.

Kjemba Kjemba, who the feck decided to buy that peice of mediocre midfield clutter.

I have a private bet on this. If Chelsea pick up more points out of the 6 possible I get a £100. Its looking good. No Patrick Vierra is a boon for Chelsea. I am a bit worried that Ashley Cole might try and kick wunderchilde Robben of the park ala his treatment of Ronaldo when Arsenal played the Scum.

Chelsea are a different class when Robben plays. I dont want to see him injured for any length of time.

DerryABU
12-10-2004, 12:39 PM
I can see this being a draw but hopefully not.Damien Duff and Robben have been great to watch this season so it should be a good game.
Hey at least that shower from united are not involved in a top of the table clash.

sfer
12-10-2004, 01:01 PM
I would watch a lot more Premiership matches if the local Brit/soccer hooligan pub wasn't such a damn tool-shed.

KJS
12-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Just a pendantic note, I am not in the UK /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the heads-up.

KJS