PDA

View Full Version : Where to get good free music?

BottlesOf
12-09-2004, 08:29 PM
I had Napster back in the day, and then switched to Kaaza, but got rid of it b/c I was sick of getting bullshit files where the track would have some clown dropping his name all over it, or it would only be a loop of the first 20 seconds of the song or whatever. How about that run on sentence?

Anyway, does anyone have a recommendation for a good file sharing program or other way to get music?

astroglide
12-09-2004, 08:31 PM
www.amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com) and best buy are other ways to get music

MarkL444
12-09-2004, 08:31 PM
soulseek

Evan
12-09-2004, 08:34 PM
I have mine shared on AIM. If you right click on my name and go to "Get File" you should see it.

MelK
12-09-2004, 08:36 PM
I get my free music on the radio. There are dozens of stations on both the AM and FM dial. Only drawback is you have to listen to advertisements.

Joe_d72
12-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Winmx is the best for free music. Hands down

bdk3clash
12-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Newsgroups.

alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.indie is my personal favorite.

bdk3clash
12-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Also, BrianJonestownMassacre.com (http://www.brianjonestownmassacre.com). Unbelievably good band, and they have all their albums available for download.

BottlesOf
12-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Don't know how to search use usegroups /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

exist
12-09-2004, 10:43 PM
Shareaza. Do yourself a favor and download this one. It's like Kazaa but without any bullshit and very, very few corrupted songs.

IndieMatty
12-09-2004, 11:24 PM
Did you catch this today?

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/b/brian-jonestown-massacre/tepid-peppermint-wonderland.shtml

I use soulseek.

the_rookie
12-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Mirc is the best way to get free music and it's not even close. :P

AngryCola
12-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Torrents...again. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sfer
12-09-2004, 11:37 PM
Go buy it you fish. Get it free when you're able to complain about paying rent.

IndieMatty
12-10-2004, 12:07 AM
Wait, you can do this? Make all your MP3's available to DL?

Thats awesome. but I can't figure out how.

Help?

Sponger15SB
12-10-2004, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Go buy it you fish. Get it free when you're able to complain about paying rent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Paying for music is for suckers.

Evan
12-10-2004, 12:50 AM
in AIM...

My AIM --> Edit Options --> Edit Preferences --> File Sharing --> Click "Browse" and set the folder to wherever your music is.

Then anyone can click on your name in their buddy list and go to "Get File" and they'll see a list of everything in the folder you specified. Also, make sure you set the options to allow people to download.

Joe Tall
12-10-2004, 12:57 AM
www.limewire.com (http://www.limewire.com)

Peace,
Joe Tall

IndieMatty
12-10-2004, 01:02 AM
Thanks Evan, now I can share porn errr music with the world!

sfer
12-10-2004, 01:54 AM
Whatever. If saving $10 is a major goal in life...

astroglide
12-10-2004, 02:03 AM
i hope your parents/employer/poker site decide that paying you is for suckers too