PDA

View Full Version : I Love the Cows on Party

MelK
12-09-2004, 08:11 PM
I just can't believe how many cows there are at Party, calling down to showdown with nothing. These games are so easy. The cows are so stupid, its easy to take their money.

Why does anyone play anywhere that is not so soft?

Thank You Party.

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I still cant believe my luck.

cnfuzzd
12-09-2004, 08:18 PM
Being respectfull of ones opponents is also a skill that needs to be learned. Pot may be calling the kettle black, but not "otherizing" the "fish" is quite helpfull in dealing with the psychological aspects of the game.

But yes, they are quite bad.

peace

john nickle

MelK
12-09-2004, 08:26 PM
What do you mean by "fish"?

cnfuzzd
12-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Choose your own adventure

assuming you werent being sarcastic: Bison made a random side note in a post about how he tries not to think of the fish as fish. I thought about it, and have decided that treating, and thinking of, my opponents as real people, with real name, faces, and emotions, could only help me deal with those bad beats that some players are prone to put on us from time to time. YMMV, but it has helped me.

Assuming you were being sarcastic: By "fish" i mean "people who pay my rent" /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

peace

john nickle

MelK
12-10-2004, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
By "fish" i mean "people who pay my rent"

[/ QUOTE ]

So fish is the term you use instead of cow. I have to tell you that that doesn't make much sense to me.

When you eat a fish, it is dead, it can not feed you again. Cows at the poker table come back day after day to get milked over and over again, not just once. Fish is not a good term for someone you can milk daily.

And if the cow goes bust and quits poker, we just say "we sent that cow to the slaughterhouse."

Peace to you too.

MicroBob
12-10-2004, 07:49 AM
Evidently "Cows" is the new "Fish".

Who knew?

Schneids
12-10-2004, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Who knew?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear slowplay is soon to be the new fastplay, which itself became the new slowplay awhile back.

MicroBob
12-10-2004, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear slowplay is soon to be the new fastplay, which itself became the new slowplay awhile back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that band!
'Clocks' is an awesome song....although I liked their first CD better.
Didn't he marry Gwenyth Paltrow?

Schneids
12-10-2004, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I love that band!
'Clocks' is an awesome song....although I liked their first CD better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Foldplay is a group that gets better with age. I like Clocks too. It puts me In My Place when I'm in Trouble.

MicroBob
12-10-2004, 08:37 AM
That response was just <font color="yellow"> Yellow. </font>

afk
12-10-2004, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I still cant believe my luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean any offence, but whenever someone says this someone else comes along and says "gaaaaaah it's been asked a thousand times before!". I just find is humorous that his has most likely actually been asked/pointed out a thousand times.

Also, I have only been playing for a year or so but I've never heard the term 'cows'.

HesseJam
12-10-2004, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't he marry Gwenyth Paltrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

She is kinda hot. I envy him. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Schneids
12-10-2004, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That response was just <font color="yellow"> Yellow. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You are Easy To Please, perhaps Everything's Not Lost.

Schneids
12-10-2004, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

So fish is the term you use instead of cow. I have to tell you that that doesn't make much sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fish swim in the river, and live in the river. That is the point. They always find a way to get to the river.

Anyway, I think I'm going to start using your cow term now. It's got a nice ring to it.

MicroBob
12-10-2004, 09:04 AM
I don't think she's that great actually.
Kinda boney (re: skinny). She certainly isn't a Cow though!!
Guess my taste in women isn't quite the same as many.

HesseJam
12-10-2004, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right on both accounts. I'd feed her properly. Or, maybe she does need som grazing.

Beer and Pizza
12-10-2004, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think she's that great actually.
Guess my taste in women isn't quite the same as many.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't talk about my Gwenyth that way.

Do you prefer the fat chicks?

CountDuckula
12-10-2004, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
By "fish" i mean "people who pay my rent"

[/ QUOTE ]

When you eat a fish, it is dead, it can not feed you again. Cows at the poker table come back day after day to get milked over and over again, not just once. Fish is not a good term for someone you can milk daily.

And if the cow goes bust and quits poker, we just say "we sent that cow to the slaughterhouse."

Peace to you too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm.... The first place I ever heard the term "cow" used in that way was this thread. But I've been hearing the term "fish" used to mean roughly the same thing ever since I got into poker, a little over a year ago. Who else is using "cow" in this context and where? Is it a regional/local term, perhaps? Just curious.

-Mike

JunieB
12-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Well, you can lead a cow to the river, but you can't make him drink. On the other hand, sharks don't eat cows. Personally, I like the term "sheep" because you can shear a sheep many times but you can only skin him once.

Nekura
12-10-2004, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I like the term "sheep" because you can shear a sheep many times but you can only skin him once.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus, fish sweaters are *really* uncomfortable...

crazy canuck
12-10-2004, 06:38 PM

Sea cows do exist.

http://www.walkerbooks.com/youngreaders/books/covers/sam_the_sea_cow-l.gif

MicroBob
12-10-2004, 07:30 PM
I think the OP was trying to be funny and was trying to push "cows" on us as a choice alternative to "fish".

"Cows, They're What's For Dinner!!"

smoore
12-10-2004, 08:07 PM
so what happens if you cross a cow with a fish and then cross that with a donkey?

TylerD
12-10-2004, 09:13 PM
I thought he meant cash cows.

lorinda
12-10-2004, 10:27 PM
http://herrickses.org/denton/library/Cows%20that%20Moo.jpg

Lori

dink
12-10-2004, 11:45 PM
I think that you will find they are actually called Dugongs.

facts about dugongs (http://www.gbrmpa.gov.au/corp_site/info_services/publications/dugong/)

so maybe Dugongs are the new fish, but I don't reckon I would like to milk a dugong.

dink the dugong

1337 skills
12-10-2004, 11:59 PM
Australians make up some weird names...