PDA

View Full Version : A few marginal hands

wuarhg
12-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Villain is LA-P. 45/9, PF-AGG: 1.11. I can't really call this river can I? Was the river bet ok?

Edit: I'm beginning to think I should've check-folded the river? Since my opponent is passive he most likely will check behind if he can't beat ace high and will bet if he has a hand that beats me. Say 10% of the time he will bluff, still worth check-folding or is bet-fold better?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

wuarhg
12-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Same Villain.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.66 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB

Grendel
12-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Not sure about the A6 hand. In general, I wouldn't bet the river in situations like this because you'll either get called (in this case, raised) and lose, or force a junk hand to fold. Loosey-goosey villain is going to call with any pair.

If you think there's only a 10% chance s/he'll bluff when checked to, that's not enough to call. You'd need 6:1 (pot odds). Bet the flop, bet the turn, but check-fold this one on the river.

Now the 88 hand I think you misplayed, especially on the flop. Betting out or check-raising the flop would
A) Give your opponent the chance to fold
B) Give you some information about the strength of your opponent's hand

Check-calling the flop does neither of these. And coming out betting on the turn is just really weird -- at least check-raising the turn mimicks a slowplayed ace.

-Grendel

wuarhg
12-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Well on the 88 hand, I tried a mini stop n go, and I also thought about the flushdraw. If I check-raised the flop he would surely call it if he had a flushdraw and when the blank hit the turn I now knew if he raised that he's ahead and if he calls he's on the flushdraw.

Bad thinking by me?

wuarhg
12-10-2004, 06:53 AM
..?

eagletmr
12-10-2004, 09:17 AM
not necessarily bad thinking I guess. I still would bet out on this flop though.

wuarhg
12-10-2004, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not necessarily bad thinking I guess. I still would bet out on this flop though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you fold to a raise? Call and bet on turn and fold?