PDA

View Full Version : bankrolls

jameshamel
12-09-2004, 07:32 PM
I've heard on here that you should have a 300BB roll to play in any games. With respects to online poker, does this mean you should have 300 BB for every table that you play? For example, is a 1200 bankroll adequate on the 2/4 tables if you're playing as many as 5 tables. Any other advice as to how to manage starting bankroll would be appreciated.

CinnamonWind
12-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Heh, no, it means 300BB for that limit. The fact that you're playing more tables only means you're playing more hands at the same level in a shorter amount of time. It doesn't mean you need a higher BR requirement.

uw_madtown
12-09-2004, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heh, no, it means 300BB for that limit. The fact that you're playing more tables only means you're playing more hands at the same level in a shorter amount of time. It doesn't mean you need a higher BR requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anything, it may lower it ever so slightly. I think this has been argued repeatedly though. But yeah, definitely don't need MORE for multitabling. The only reason you might want more is psychological -- some people may play fine playing one table of 3/6 with $150 of their $1800 bankroll "on the table," but would end up playing scared if they had four tables of 3/6 with $600 of their bankroll "on the table." The thing about multi-tabling is that a much more significant portion of your BR is in play at any given moment, so if you're susceptible to tilt or playing scared, fewer tables or a larger BR may be the way to go.

Mathematically, it shouldn't matter I don't think. Hands are hands, whether you play them one at a time or eight at a time (assuming you're a winning player when multitabling /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

roundhouse
12-09-2004, 08:45 PM
Most people's play will suffer slightly with their attention split over several tables. This in effect makes them poorer players, which mathematically means they should have a larger bankroll if they want to retain the same level of confidence over not going bust.

However, if you're a winning player multi-tabling, 300BB ought to be plenty. At least it is for $2-$4 where I hang out.

RH