PDA

View Full Version : KQo vs 3 pfr callers...

GlemZurg
12-09-2004, 07:19 PM
How would you have played this hand?

The BB was loose and passive although I did see him bet a A pair with no kicker through all streets once.

CO and MP2 had just sat down at the table.

All advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: GlemZurg is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">GlemZurg raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">GlemZurg bets</font>, ...

<font color="green">I figured that if anyone had anything it would be a small pair, flush draw (and I had a redraw), or gutshot straight draw on this board.

My thought at the time was that I since I was pfr a bet may fold someone and clean up my overcard outs. Now that I look at the size of the pot I'm not sure I could make people fold like I was hoping.

How would you all play this flop?</font>

... MP2 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, GlemZurg checks, ...

<font color="green">I feared the straight when the 2 fell. But that was more of a knee jerk reaction. I realized after checking that it probably did not complete the straight draw I was fearing on the flop.</font>

... <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, BB folds, GlemZurg calls.

<font color="green">By this time, I figured the straight probably wasn't out. So I called just a draw to overcards. At the time the pot seemed big but I see now that I was just getting 7.25:1. Which is OK for a 6 card draw if they will win but I may make the draw and still lose. I think now that I should have folded to the turn bet.</font>

bdk3clash
12-09-2004, 07:24 PM
I fold this turn unimproved--you have to discount your overcards.