PDA

View Full Version : 74s out of control ...

GlemZurg
12-09-2004, 06:44 PM
I felt a quite wild on this hand (frothing frenzy as I recall). Let me know how you all would play it.

Just sat down at the table and didn't know either player.

All advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: GlemZurg is BB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, GlemZurg checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, GlemZurg checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets 1.50 (all-in)</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">GlemZurg raises</font>, ...

<font color="green">I was planning to fold but noticed that CO was all in. That "activated" me (like a sleeper agent) from my no-limit experience. I figured he'd go all-in with junk and became intent on folding the SB.</font>

... SB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">GlemZurg bets</font>, ...

<font color="green">I laugh now at the size of this pot vs. my aggression. Anyway, I took SB's check to mean weakness. I planned to fold to a reraise or check/fold the river to a call.</font>

Nick C
12-10-2004, 02:36 PM
On the flop, I don't think you're that likely to fold out the small blind, who has already called 3/4 of a SB once (so I'm thinking he's likely to call one more full SB now).

I don't know what I'd do on the turn. It would probably depend on my mood. I'm thinking you're probably behind the small blind, but this is a spot where you might be able to get him to fold a better hand (if he doesn't have a flush). Of course, if he does fold, you could easily still lose the side pot to CO. And the small blind could easily have been calling on the flop with a spade.

I think I'd usually check-fold the turn. But sometimes I would bet-fold instead.

DeezNutz3
12-10-2004, 03:44 PM
with such a small pot and no real draws (gutshot with no spade) I don't like the reraise on the flop.

SamIAm
12-10-2004, 04:22 PM
You've got middle pair no kicker on a single-suit flop, and somebody bets into you? Just let it go. Hell, you put in half the pot when you raised. That's some aggressive fighting for a tiny reward.
-Sam

Fat Nicky
12-10-2004, 04:36 PM
Fold the flop.