PDA

View Full Version : TP heads up vs preflop raiser ...

GlemZurg
12-09-2004, 06:00 PM
How would you have played this hand?

Table had just started and I didn't know CO.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: GlemZurg is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, GlemZurg calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">GlemZurg bets</font>, ...

<font color="green">My thought process was that heads up I may have the best hand vs. CO with overcards. I planned to fold to a reraise.</font>

... CO calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="green">At this point I'm torn. I fear CO has picked up a pair of A but since we're heads up and I have a flush draw, I decide to bet thinking that there is at least some chance CO has a pocket pair and may fold to the A.</font>

... <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, GlemZurg calls.

<font color="green">Nope. CO likes the A apparently. Now I just call for odds on the flush draw.</font>

River: (7.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
GlemZurg checks, CO checks.

<font color="green">Missed the draw and would have folded to a bet. Although should I have called a bet if there was one?</font>

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

MagicRat
12-09-2004, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (4.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="green">My thought process was that heads up I may have the best hand vs. CO with overcards. I planned to fold to a reraise.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think folding to a reraise would be a mistake here as I'm putting him on a steal and I've got 5 outs plus the backdoor flush draw with 7.5:1 odds.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (3.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="green">At this point I'm torn. I fear CO has picked up a pair of A but since we're heads up and I have a flush draw, I decide to bet thinking that there is at least some chance CO has a pocket pair and may fold to the A.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Since CO did not show any aggression on the flop I'm not putting him on an Ace just yet. Bet is good.

[ QUOTE ]
... <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, GlemZurg calls.

<font color="green">Nope. CO likes the A apparently. Now I just call for odds on the flush draw.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, definitely a scary move on CO's part. And I'd be looking for my flush to hit too... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
River: (7.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
GlemZurg checks, CO checks.

<font color="green">Missed the draw and would have folded to a bet. Although should I have called a bet if there was one?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a tough one and probably one that I screw up too much. I probably would, as much to learn about the opponent as anything else. Bad?

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

CanKid
12-09-2004, 06:37 PM
I would have check raised the turn and called a 3 bet. If he checks behind on the turn I'd probably bet any non K or Q (except hearts of course) on the river.

cold_cash
12-09-2004, 06:41 PM
I think by betting out on the flop you kind of put yourself over a barrel. I think you should either check and call or check and raise.