PDA

View Full Version : ATs, fold, call or raise the turn?

Guido
12-09-2004, 05:24 PM
UTG is a loose player who like to play tricky.
MP is your ultimate LAG.
No read on the button.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Guido is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Guido raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Guido checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Guido calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Guido checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Guido?

Thanks,

Guido

Grisgra
12-09-2004, 05:30 PM
I don't play 10/20, but if it's as aggressive as it seems then it looks like calling would be, as they say, "retarted". You could easily be facing a raise behind you, if not more than one.

With two people behind me -- one of them maybe with an actual king -- I fold. You're chasing a 4-5 outer here (a 9, with which you may be chopping, and, well, I can't give your ace many outs). A call would be fine on a passive table, but a raise seems more bluff than anything here.

turnipmonster
12-09-2004, 05:36 PM
easy fold. people always pay me off when I make this play when I actually have a hand.

--turnipmonster

Benman
12-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Fold.

aflaba
12-09-2004, 05:49 PM
My thoughts:

I would have checked the flop for a free card.

You are against three players, two of them loose. You have no steal chance. the flop is coordinated but still does not scear opponents into folding. If you don't hit on the turn (no matter if you bet or checked the flop) you don't want to continue.

Betting for value? To limit the field?

I wouldn't. On the turn the only cards that can save you are T and A. And you don't like T. Plus if T is good it is good. If it is not (especially if a 9 is out) the bet on the flop is not getting any better or potentially better hand to fold.

So that leves A. If an A hits the turn you may be good. Howerver if you are good or not very seldom depends on if you bet the flop or not. The only hands you could get opponents to fold with a flop bet are AJ, AQ &amp; AK. This is not enough to justify a bet on the flop. Plus these hands are umprobable because they would probably have been raised preflop.

So as I see it the bet on the flop has no extra value than as a pure (-EV) value bet.

aflaba
12-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Ahh the questionare was on the turn :-)

I would fold.