PDA

View Full Version : Limit Hold'em v NLHE As Championship Game

05-27-2002, 09:26 PM
Let's not forget that Mike Majerus beat Chiu, Huck, and TJ at the final table of the 2K LHE, which is certainly a bigger upset than Varkonyi's win.

However, as Jennifer Harman won the 5K LHE, don't think there'd be much arguing with naming her "World Champion".

05-27-2002, 10:04 PM
Bill,

I think it should be a mixed game. Play Limit Hold'em, Omaha 8B, 7CS, and 7CS 8B. You still need the tournament skills that you would use in no limit, especially when the blinds get higher. But, I think the championship will stay as No-Limit Hold'em, since the majority of players are weak, a No-Limit tournament will always attract the most players.

Good Luck

Mark

05-28-2002, 01:56 AM
It should be noted that all tournaments, whether limit or no-limit take on no limit characteristics especially towards the end of the tournament. That's because many hands are played with one of the players all-in before all the betting rounds are complete.

So while I agree that limit hold 'em in a ring game is a very different game from no limit hold 'em. The differences in a tournament are not as great (in my opinion).

05-28-2002, 06:45 AM
please see above post as this is where i meant to post it. sorry.