PDA

View Full Version : I folded AA preflop

Shorty35
12-09-2004, 04:48 PM
Here is how it happened:

$20 stars SNG. blinds 50/100; 7 players; I have about T3000 and second chip position.

EP calls 100 ; mp calls 100, mp+1 raises to 300; I am in cut off and I......

get a phone call.
I answer the phone with the intention of using my time bank to figure out how to milk the most $$$ and, to my surprise, my time bank was already used - and I fold automatically.

I was fortunate enough to come back and win; so it makes for a great story. Any one else with a similar story of near self destruction?

My other common mistake (look out for it) is accidentally typing 753 when I intend to raise 75. I have been burned on more than one occasion with that stupidity..

The Yugoslavian
12-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Folding AA preflop is a Daliman specialty, /images/graemlins/wink.gif, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Between that and Gigabet's mis-mouse-clicks I think you're in great company!

Yugoslav

Apathy
12-09-2004, 08:19 PM
What is the full story of daliman folding AA preflop, I have heard mention of this a few times recently and am curious... and did two more really come on the flop?

Daliman
12-09-2004, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the full story of daliman folding AA preflop, I have heard mention of this a few times recently and am curious... and did two more really come on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never happened......don't know how these rumors start. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1121266&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

housenuts
12-09-2004, 08:32 PM
ya happened to me once. i was UTG on a hand and folded right away. then i quickly ran to the bathroom knowing i'd be last to act on the next hand. so i take a quick piss, and come back just as i see my AA get folded. i guess the first hand must have been folded all around, and the action must have been quick on the second hand. it sucked. an ace flopped too