PDA

View Full Version : Can i call?

joao_,martins
12-09-2004, 04:31 PM
I am already in the money of this multi with 45 players left and I am 9 in chips with 198K, second best at my table ( first best ~240K ). Blinds 1500/3000 with 200 ante. I raise to 13k from LP with K-Q spades and chip leader on the BB ( LAG ) calls.
FLOP:
Q /images/graemlins/club.gif- 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif- 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
BB checks, I bet 22K, BB calls.
TURN:
7 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB checks and I bet 27K and hoping not to get check-raised, and if he just called id hopefully get to check the river.
RIVER:
7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
LAG goes all-in ( he has me covered obviously ).

Should I fold or call here?

I folded saving my chips for later in case he had the case seven and was hoping for a call with his case seven... even though there was 127,500k in the pot... and that pot would put me at 396K and almost a sure spot at the final table.

Bigwig
12-09-2004, 05:19 PM
IMO, you call. There are three things to worry about. QQ, a 7, or 99.

First, QQ. It's certainly possible that he'd flat call you with QQ from the BB, but unlikely. And since you have a Q, the chances of him holding that hand are 1325:1. Those are odds I'll take.

Second, the 7. If he has it, it's the 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. What hand would he have called with in that case? A7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is very possible. But would he have called your flop bet with that hand? Or even the turn bet with 3 clubs? I see that as highly unlikely. I could see it if the missing 7 was a /images/graemlins/club.gif, since he might have A7 /images/graemlins/club.gif giving him the nut flush draw, with a piece of the board, and an overcard, but the 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif is out there on the flop.

Finally, 99. This is certainly a possibility. It's a hand that I would call a LP raiser with a big stack. And, I'd play the flop similarly. However, I'd likely bet less on the river to try and get a call, since it's clear you have something, and don't want to scare you out of the pot. But, again, the chances of him having this one specific hand are pretty low. About 441:1. So I probably call. But, I can't say you made a horrible move by laying this one down. I might have just checked the turn myself.

partygirluk
12-09-2004, 05:19 PM
I think you should call. A 7 would likely C/R the turn. It looks like he has Q, probably with a worse kicker than you.

schwza
12-09-2004, 05:42 PM
yeah, i'd call. if he doesn't have the case 7, you're probably chopping. you wouldn't fear the 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif if you had the nut flush on a board of 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9, would you?

willie
12-09-2004, 05:46 PM
call, you have a big hand here and i don't think it's too big of a gamble either. folding fearing the case 7 is pretty weak imo, this sure looks like a split pot.

damn_river
12-09-2004, 08:04 PM
that is tough because the best you are looking at is a split pot. i'd fold. he is also the chip leader, so most likely a good player. find a better time to risk your chips.

damnRiver