PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever fold here?

joao_,martins
12-09-2004, 04:10 PM
blinds 200/400 of a 10 player sit n go. 4 players left, top 3 get paid. I have 1000 plus 200 on the small blind w/ A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG is in the middle of a conversation with the guy next to him,where he is the one talking... he looks down at his hole cards and just shuts up real quick ( his hand is also shaking. its his first brick and mortar tournament ). this kid has check-raised from EP five total times this tournament, twice on me. Now i was almost positive he was strong, so i decided to say something to him... " so you are pretty strong huh? you really love that check and raise move after a limp huh?"... he has no reply and is just looking straight ahead. Finally he unfolds his arms and stops leaning back in his chair and says " you can still fold you know ", and then says " and by the way, i am strong and i will push you guys ( me and the BB are short stacked ) all-in ".
Now with almost being certain he is strong and i have a marginal hand im really unsusre what my play is here since i only hold a total of 2x the BB... especially since BB also only holds currently 2x BB on the BB. I decide to fold and hope that BB catches his card goes all-in and UTG calls with hopefully his overpair.
Should I ever fold here or is my only option all-in?

Results:
FLOP: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif- 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif- 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB goes all-in and UTG quickly calls.
BB has 10-2off and UTG has pocket queens.
BB doubles up and I get fourth.