PDA

View Full Version : Two bets to TPNK on the button

StellarWind
12-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Party Poker 2/4 (7 handed)

Unknown MP3 open-limps, unknown CO-poster checks, Hero calls with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif from the button, little-known but tight blinds both play.

Flop A /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif (5 SB, 5 players): Check, check, MP3 bets, CO raises, Hero folds, ...

bisonbison
12-09-2004, 03:43 PM
sure. small pot, dubious kicker, 1.5-4.5 outs if you're behind.

colgin
12-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Stellar,

This seems like a pretty easy fold to me: the pot is small; you have very few good outs (I am pretty much totally discounting Aces as possible outs; you are probably dominated here; if you happen to be ahead you will often be outdrawn; and, it would really suck if it got re-raised after you called. If I am missing something here I hope someone can correct me.

Rico Suave
12-09-2004, 03:51 PM
I'd fold here. But, I like to fold overpairs in big pots, so don't take my advice.

--Rico

J.R.
12-09-2004, 03:52 PM
A5s is close but given the CO's post, I think I like raising preflop. If there were no post I'd certainly raise down to at least A7s to clear out the tight blinds and take control, so with the chance the CO has little and will leave some more dead money in the pot, I'd think about raising here. I think the flop fold is fine.

sthief09
12-09-2004, 03:52 PM
postflop works for me, but that seems like an easy raise preflop, given the poster. Did you not notice he posted or do you know think raising is good in this spot?

ZZZ
12-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Standard.

You fold the winner a good amount of time doing this, but the alterantives are worse.

ZZZ

sthief09
12-09-2004, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like to fold overpairs in big pots

[/ QUOTE ]

me too

StellarWind
12-09-2004, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you not notice he posted or do you know think raising is good in this spot?

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw the poster. I considered raising but not too seriously. I would have raised either one of them alone but two at once is something of a deterrent.

sfer
12-09-2004, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You fold the winner a good amount of time doing this, but the alterantives are worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't. You fold an expensive second best hand or a hand that's easily outdrawn a lot of the time.

Snoogins47
12-09-2004, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't. You fold an expensive second best hand or a hand that's easily outdrawn a lot of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what he means is that while there's a respectable chance you have the best hand, there's no reason to get involved any further. So, I think everybody agrees here.

Anyway, if it's me personally... After four or five beers, I'd three-bet here, as I'd surely be shouting to myself "protect your hand," "top freaking pair," and "My name ain't Lee Jones."

ZZZ
12-09-2004, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

By "good amount" I meant like 20%.

[ QUOTE ]
You fold an expensive second best hand or a hand that's easily outdrawn a lot of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Cheers,
ZZZ

StellarWind
12-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Both opponents had A5o and went on to divide the pot after the blinds folded behind me. CO had 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif so we are both freerolling backdoors versus MP3, but nothing came of it.

Despite the startling result, I still think I made the right play.

colgin
12-09-2004, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Despite the startling result, I still think I made the right play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the "startling result" further supports the correct decision that you made.